Noob needs advice - link to recommended threads for server hardware recommendations

Where to host nextcloud… ? Raspberry Pi 3, Tinkerboard, A cheap PC or Mac? VPS? Skysilk.com… the possibilities seem endless just looking for the correct thread to read on what hardware / cloud solutions people have used and had success with for a small installation (3 - 5 users).

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ray

1 Like

Hi Ray! Matt from SkySilk here, you could certainly host a NextCloud instance with us.

We are currently beta testing our new cloud platform so you can try our NextCloud template for free, we would be happy to hear any feedback or requests you may have. If you have any questions feel free to reach out here or via our support portal directly: help.skysilk.com/support/home.

Cheers! :slightly_smiling_face:

@02rg
have you been aware that this forum contains a "search"function?
it works bit like g**gle - you enter a searchphrase and hit the magnifyinglass and… be happy

@Matt_SkySilk
nice.

for how long?

@JimmyKater We don’t have an exact launch date, but we project within the next month or so. When we have a hard date we’ll be sure to update all current beta users accordingly. You may also find the following useful as far as migration from beta to live once the switch does happen:

https://help.skysilk.com/support/solutions/articles/9000144765-will-i-be-charged-after-beta-ends-can-i-keep-my-vps-and-migrate-to-live-

1 Like