No permissions to configure external storage

Nextcloud v 13
Raspberry Pi 3
NextcloudPi OS

Issue:
Trying to mount my external network drive to be able to work with all the files on it.

Enabled the external storage app but when I click on settings and external storage I get the message " No external storage configured or you don’t have the permission to configure them" and there is no where to configure external storage.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I go somewhere else to configure the external storage?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Update:
I was able to mount the network storage through the command line and I still cant see it in nextcloud and I see the same message when i click on external storage

pi@nextcloudpi:/var/nc_data/maly/files $ df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root              30G  2.0G   27G   8% /
devtmpfs              460M     0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs                 464M     0  464M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 464M   12M  452M   3% /run
tmpfs                 5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs                 464M     0  464M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1         42M   21M   21M  51% /boot
tmpfs                  93M     0   93M   0% /run/user/1000
//192.168.1.7/Public  2.8T  333G  2.4T  12% /var/nc_data/maly/files

Are you definitely going to “External storage” under the “Administration” section (Profile icon > settings > administration section), and not under your user section?

If you are an admin, you will have both in the settings sidebar one below the other.

9 Likes

Hi Kimthefirst,

came here with the same problem und you plainly solved it. Thanks very much.
It’s awesome how you stop looking when you have the option you’ve been searching for in the top three :slight_smile:

Thanks again

:smiley: thank you … I was same looking for user settings, better is to check Administration part, a little bottom …

Thank you

This picture makes it more obvious for you.

8 Likes

You are logged in with admin user, but when I click on the external HD configuration icon, give me the following message:

No external storage configured or you are not allowed to configure them
Global credentials … How do I resolve this?

Thank you so much, this picture is very helpful for me.

Thank You so much! This image really helped me!

Perhaps someone can help me. I have installed the external storage app v 1.10.0. It shows to be enabled. The documentation Configuring External Storage (GUI) — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation says " To create a new external storage mount, select an available backend from the dropdown Add storage. Each backend has different required options, which are configured in the configuration fields." But where is the drop down ? Where do I configure the storage ? I can mount another drive but how do I connect that drive to this storage application ?

Thanks Oliver for taking the time. to explain this. One question remains, what is the external storages link above this group used for ? I wonder who thought through this UI before bestowing it upon us :wink: ?

It is for users without admin access, to set there own external storage, when this options is enabled in the admin panel.

very nice diagram, this exactly solved my issue. thanks.

It’s correct, thank you.

please pin this info as fist post:
you need to SCROLL DOWN MORE and there is another section: administration, and some tabs are same names in it but more options;]

without picture i see wrong administration, and try to look at this;]