No notifications Nextcloud Talk IOS Chat

I just downloaded the new Nextcloud Talk IOS app 2.0.0 and was excited to finally use chat on my iphone. I noticed that notifications were not working when I got a new text chat, however they they work fine when I get a Video/Audio call. I’m using an iPhone6 iOS 11.4. I’m also on Nextcloud server 13.0.2 and Nextcloud Talk (server) 3.2.2.

1 Like

You get notifications on calls and mentions (say: @grregis). Notifications for other events are planned.

Me, I don’t have any notification :frowning:
I have the same configuration but my devices it’s mini Ipad V2, V4, Iphone 6, 5s , and all never receive notification.

Do you have the Notifications app installed on the server?

yes, Notifications 2.1.2
My Nextcloud server is installed on Centos 7, Is there anything else it should be installed… (rpm)

Sounds strange. @ivan? :slight_smile:

Hi @Patate,

So do you see Call/Mention/Invitation notifications from Talk in the web UI but not in iOS devices?
Then you could try to log-out and log-in again with the accounts you use in the iOS devices (there could have been a problem while subscribing for receiving push notifications).
Also, check in Settings->Notifications that “Allow Notifications” is enabled for Nextcloud Talk.

Hi, thank you for you help.

So do you see Call/Mention/Invitation notifications from Talk in the web UI but not in iOS devices? Rep:Yes see screenshot.
Capture
Then you could try to log-out and log-in again with the accounts you use in the iOS devices (there could have been a problem while subscribing for receiving push notifications). Rep:I try this and the same issus.

Also, check in Settings->Notifications that “Allow Notifications” is enabled for Nextcloud Talk. Rep: yep: see screenshot.

Hello,
I have the exact same problem. No notifications at all on IOS devices. My notification apps in Nextcloud is enabled and my notifications settings are enabled in IOS for the Nextcloud and Nextcloud Talk applications.

I notice that the Nextcloud Talk apps is not listed in the Background Apps list on iOS. I don’t know if it’s necessary but normally it is for chat client.

I opened an issue on github also : https://github.com/nextcloud/talk-ios/issues/115

@Patate @Banane we can follow the conversation on that github issue.