No Nextcloud talk notifications

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 8.0.26
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Windows 10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): mysql
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.21

Hello, I am new to Nextcloud and just successfully installed on a Raspberry pi 4 using snap. Everything seems to be running ok, but the first big issue I have noticed is I am not getting any notifications of incoming talk messages. I have tried on a webpage on both windows and another Linux machine. I have installed the Windows desktop app as well. The only time I receive any notification sound is if I happen to have the talk app open on my mobile device.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I have no experience with NC on RasPi - but instant notifications are not built-in. By default all clients pull updates from the server (I think every 30sec). Especially with Talk this feels weird. You need to install notify_push. Take a look at this post maybe you find good instructions.

Thank you! I will check it out

For optimal usage of talk, you want both the FILES high performance backend, and the TALK high performance backend (signalling). The talk high performance backend is related to voice and video call bandwidth, without it, you get a max of about 3 participants before bandwidth limits kill your call.

Also note that MOBILE clients get instant notification REGARDLESS of the high performance backends, except if you installed the F-Droid build, in which case you will also need https://gitlab.com/Nextcloud-Push