No media images shown in Nextcloud 27.0.0 dashboard

Hi,

I have installed a fresh installation of Nextcloud 27.0.0 on my testing server with PHP 8.1 and Mysql 8.0

The installation went successful and when I visit the admin dashboard I can not see the default media images. (screenshot attached)

What is causing this ? Is this a bug in the new version ?

1 Like

Have you opened your folder with the media files, that it gets a chance to generated the preview images. I am not sure if the media overview starts generating these. If you want to automatize that in the background you can use the preview generator app: Preview Generator - Apps - App Store - Nextcloud and run it as a system cronjob.

Hi,

I checked in the folders and saw that all the media images are there in /[[data_dir]]/[[admin_name]]/files/Photos/.

I can able to see the images if I click on the particular image however the preview it is not visible in dashboard.

In all the past versions till Nextcloud 26.0.0 the preview was default available. I just want to confirm if there is a change in this version ?

I’m facing a similar problem with NC 27 (official Docker). Preview generation seems to work fine with all document types except PDF files… I can’t see any errors (even in Debug mode) in the logs.

Not sure if this is related to this issue here, but wanted to share that.

Looks like No media images shown in Nextcloud 27.0.0 dashboard · Issue #1885 · nextcloud/photos · GitHub. See No media images shown in Nextcloud 27.0.0 dashboard · Issue #1885 · nextcloud/photos · GitHub