No login possible on odroid-installation [solved]

I downloaded the last version of Nextcloud for Odroid, wrote it to sd-card, made a “touch ssh” in the root-folder and started the machine with it. I get into the web-interface and can work there. SSH is not enabled and if I try to enable it, I get the message, that root has the standart-password and that’s a security-issue and therefore SSH will not be enabled.

Login to the machine direct via keyboard and monitor: with pi and raspberry I get incorrect login. Login with ncp and his password works - I get the login-berry-image, but that ends immediately with a logout.

What can I do?

Spielmops

Found it myself:
login user: root, password: 1234

nachoparker wrote:

please, read the wiki for a guide.

in odroid there is no pi user. you have to do root and then a new password that is not the default 1234

you can activate SSH through ncp-web

cheers!

What I did before I even bought an Odroid-computer: I read the wiki and tried the first install on my Raspberry Pi. And I read it anew, when I had the NC-image on the Odroid running. And when I could not login to the console, I read the wiki for the third time. I’m very sorry, but I did not find the information about how to login to the Odroid-OS. Please point me to that paragraph.

And by the way: I can not find any information regarding “raspi-config” in the wiki. I need that to configure my language and keyboard.

What I did read, when I gathered information about Nextcloud: “Easy to set up for non technical users”. My knowledge about Debian levels near zero, but with distributions I work already for a while (about 19 years). So I should have no difficulties …

Spielmops

It is not part of NCP but of Raspbian

Spielmops does not believe this …

Hello,

This is a collaborative effort to help people. Please feel free and encouraged to add to the wiki anything that you find missing. That is how everything you see there ever happened!

cheers

Ok, I will. But I need one information: how to enable ssh without monitor and keyboard connected to the Odroid-device?

On Pi you can add empty file called ssh in /boot to enable ssh
Dont have an Odroid, so dont know if it will work for you
On my Linux machine I mount the sdcard
and create the file in the first vfat partition, which gets mounted as /boot.

If you have no experience with the Odroid-Nextcloud-image, then why to you tell me anything about it? Read my post and you will see, that I read the installation-guide several times …

@Spielmops
If you do solve this and manage to enable ssh on Odroid without screen or keyboard attached.
Please share it here or create a wiki page so others can profit from your experience. As suggested by

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Didn’t you read this?

I can not solve this question, because I have only one Odroid-device and that is already working as a server. So no going back to start …

By the way: the Odroid XU4 with a SSD on USB3 is about 20 times faster than a Raspberry Pi 3B with a very fast SD-card.

SSH is disabled by default for security reasons. You can enable it from ncp-web, SSH section.

Cheers

… and I have to login as root. If I try to start ssh, I get the message: No! not as root! Securitty reason …

the exact message is not that you can’t use root, it’s

The user root is using the default password. Refusing to activate SSH

Just change the default password