No log in admin interface

Nextcloud version: 15.0.0 (via docker)
Operating system and version: debian strech

I cannot see any logs when in admin interface of NC. In fact, I only see very old logs from like 1-2 month ago. The new log information I get via docker logs are not shown in admin interface.
I guess that this is due to my logging configuration:

www-data@7edbe5e773d7:~/html$ grep -i log config/config.php
  'logtimezone' => 'Europe/Berlin',
  'loglevel' => '2',
  'log_type' => 'syslog',
  'logfile' => '',

But what exactly is wrong with these settings?

‘log_type’ => ‘syslog’,

I would assume that you’ve used 'log_type' => 'file', in the past and have set the logfile parameter in the past. With the current setup all log information are send to the syslog daemon and stored in the central server log files which cannot be accessed by Nextcloud anymore.

Thanks for your reply.

I actually thought that syslog is the clever way of doing it. But maybe it’s not.

I now tested it with the settings mentioned here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_server/logging_configuration.html

$ grep -iE 'log|data' config/config.php
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'logtimezone' => 'Europe/Berlin',
  'loglevel' => '1',
  'log_type' => 'file',
  'logfile' => 'nextcloud.log',
  "logdateformat" => "F d, Y H:i:s",

Then I restarted the docker container and the log is still empty in the admin interface.
Moreover, the log file (according to documentation it should exist as /var/www/html/data/nextcloud.log) does not exist.
Interestingly, via docker logs I can still get the recent log information.

EDIT: looks like the log file was created with the next cron/background job and now the data is visible in the admin interface. Thanks!