No-IP setup problems

Hello, since yesterday I have reinstalled and reactivated my old Nextcloud Raspberry. During the setup I now encounter the following problem.

I get the following error message via the NextCloudPi Wizard:

[ no-ip ]

Auto configuration for Linux client of no-ip.com.

Can’t gethostbyname for dynupdate.no-ip.com
Network must be operational to create configfile. Ending!

The credentials seem to be correct, ports 443 & 80 are enabled.

Does anyone have a tip and can help me?

Friendly greetings.

Hello,
I don’t know if it will help you but No-Ip has an expiration time.
You have to renew your redirection every 30 days.
In my case i receive an email to do that.
So, i’ve created a redirection with dynu and I don’t have this problem.

I hope this helps you.

Hi, the last update of the hostname is Feb 17, 2020 20:36 CET - so this should be ok. Delete the hostname and create a new one shouldn’t be necessary, should it?

Unfortunately I have to revise my statement regarding open ports.

In the System Info of NextCloudPi I see the following information:
internet check no
port check 80 closed
port check 443 closed

That could be the problem. However, I cannot explain why it says that the ports are closed. I have tried both ways: The manual opening/setting up the ports and the automatic port sharing (UPnP active). In the router configuration everything appears to be correct - but a test via external sites fails: Error message Port 80 & 443 are closed.

Edit: It seems to me that the ports always open for the Windows machine although the port sharing is actually set up for the nextcloudpi.

Edit2: The diagnosis of the router now shows that the port sharing for the NextCloudPi is supposed to be free (TCP, IPv4) - under System Info of the NextCloudPi it still says that the ports are closed…

Have you checked the firewall of your Pi device? Since I don’t know what OS/Distro you have installed on it, I’m not sure what firewall it is using. Just have a look at the manual of your OS/Distro

All right, I’ll check it out sometime. Whereby I would have thought that the Distro from https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/ (NextCloudPi_RPi_12-20-19) would bring a certain “pre-configuration”.