No idea what to do

It’s a soft error in the sense that things like short network outages and server-side glitches can be bypassed by retrying enough. If error recovery can’t get past them, the backup (or whatever) fails.
While it’s retrying, one doesn’t even hear about it. Maybe that’s a feature but it slows debugging…

Is there a rationale that a 423 be special-cased? The hard error isn’t the 423, it’s exhausting retries.

Yes. Problems frequently need help from their reporter in order to get anywhere. We’re all asking.
We’ll see if anything happens. If more clarification is required, specific polite questions might help.

Sorry, that’s how I understood your post ;-). If the normal retry works when a 423, I don’t see the need of a special handling. I understood retries were not done for a 423.

@Adramelramalech Thanks for the video! Can you please check, that 21.0.7 is indeed the running version? Check under Settings → Overview. I’m wondering, because that Oracle error should be fixed in 21.0.5 already (21.0.5 by blizzz · Pull Request #28987 · nextcloud/server · GitHub).

And look at the hate I got on the other post. Same hate here and same hate from duplicati

Because it is true, every community is the same

And still here I am yapping away and why has no one deleted me yet?

Maybe after all the problem are not the communities…

Ok. I tried. We tried. I’m out, have fun.

@ts678 If anyone has a problem with duplicati and nextcloud or you need help, feel free to swing by.

3 Likes

OMG @Adramelramalech thank you for these threads, this was so much fun!

I totally understand your frustration. It happened to me so many times as well, reaching a dead end while trying to solve a problem on some geeky software i was trying to implement… It is incredibly frustrating. So many of the post i made in stackoverflow-like forums were simply ignored.
And yet, I have never been as far as you are in terms of frustration, I’ve never reached the point where i felt the need to swear against the entire community… but i clearly see how one could get there.

Now, I have no Idea on who you are, what’s your background or what your software skills are, but if you don’t get why your messages are not appropriate (or maybe i should say “not suitable”) when asking for help, then I don’t think anyone can be able to explain it to you. Maybe if you’ll read these threads i ten years, when you’ll have forgotten the specifics of your problem, then you will understand what everyone means…
I actually think I’ve never seen so many people replying with such kindness to your level of frustration (which, by the way, i still believe is justified).

Anyway, there are two options left for you: either give up on trying to do things alone, self hosting, or whatever geeky thing you have limited knowledge on (because not succeeding clearly makes you feel really Baaad), or instead make use of this huge desire you have of answering all The “WHY” questions and exploit it to study more deeply whatever topic your problems falls in. I’d say that with your level of commitment you’d do great with the second option, but there is nothing intrinsically wrong in giving up.

P.S. sorry I cannot help you either on your problem and I don’t mean to turn this into a therapy session :see_no_evil: good luck with everything.

P.P.S. Please don’t delete his threads even if they are unpolite :grin:

1 Like

This is what I deal with. People seeing but not comprehending. Not one person asked why I am like this. The very first time I came on to here I made a post saying no .mkv support. I was called stupid and I got punished and muted for a month. Who did that? The person who is so ever helping me so much. Now look at the other guy. How are you going to call someone a troll and at same time pretend you are just so helpful? Every community is the same. I enter, I asked for help and I am faced with d**ks. I asked a simple question and look what I got back from it. Same on every community. Go onto sonar ask a question and get hate. Go onto duplicati, ask a question and I get the hate. I go onto github and I get the hate. Every community.

So let’s go back to the OP. Server is being locked with a 423 error, why?

WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION TROLL!
I AM GOING TO POST ALL YOUR THREADS AND MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A JACKA**
YOU WANT TO WRITE IN GITHUB AFTER YOU WERE BASHED ON? OKAY I WILL POST IT HERE AND SHOW THE WORLD!
and it seems to me now they are trying there hardest to prove how helpful they. If they are so helpful then why prove it?

I have reasons.

yes you are right, they are trying to help but like I keep saying it has gotten way out of control and I want for it all to stop but people keep going at it.

This is why i am the way I am.

Why are you able to write complete sentences when you are complaing about something but not when you are asking for help? And have you ever thought about the possibility that the problem could be you, if it’s the same for you in every community. Anyway. This discussion is useless. I’m out.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Hello @Adramelramalech and all others,

I will lock this thread right now as it will not end in a good way.
@Adramelramalech We try to help each user and therefore this category has a template to provide information to help the users without questioning the same information again and again.

The flags you marked brought me to two topics and after reading them twice I will give you a break for 7 days for you. You like to get support? We try to help you!

2 Likes