No Email notification about new updates

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): webhost Linux 5.4.0-80-generic x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): not sure
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4
MariaDB-Version 10.5.11

The issue you are facing:
I do not receive any Email regarding Nextcloud updates. Not as user nor as admin. Both accounts have Email addresses assigned to them and the test email functionality sends the email to my inbox without any issue.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N I guess this is since 19.x but I never reported it.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

it's rather large, please let me know if you need it so I would upload it somewhere

Bump
No one got an idea ?

Does no one have an idea ?

Am I the only one having this issue ?

Version 22.0.0 is the latest and only release for 22 series. So no notifications has to be sent.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes, but I was on 20is and still have not received any notification. Same as with previous versions.

Which notification apps have you enabled?

Hi @rakekniven it’s the default Notifications app from Joas Schilling.
I do not have much modifications running on my NC. It’s a plain basic install.

I have two of them enabled.

“Notifications” v2.10.1 and “Update notification” v1.10.0

You are right, there are 2 activated apps. Did not see both when I first checked it.

So, I got the Pushed Notification on my Mobile (3 days late) but no Email about the Update.

Same here: no email notification.

• test email is being received
  • “Notify members of the following groups about available updates”:admin
  • user is member of admin
  • user has an email address
  • “update notification” and “notifications” apps are installed

Any idea what else could be the issue?

After there is was the reply of @macom to this older thread I was reading it again and asking “Why do you expect an email as notification method?”.

It has been alsways push notification of the official mobile app of NC or notifications in the browser within the web interface of NC.

Just read to app description of both apps and both do not mention email.

Do I miss something?

Maybe because of this

and because it is expected to be notified by email as it is done by many other software packages.

1 Like

Good catch.

We not checking existing issues at Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub . Maybe this has already been adressed. Otherwise file a new one as feature request.