No data visible after upgrade from 16.0.4.1 to 17.0.9 [SOLVED]

----Solved it myself, some files in the root directory were not correctly copied. Now it works again! —

Nextcloud version: 17.0.9
Operating system and version: CentOS 7.8
Apache or nginx version: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)
PHP version: 7.1.33

The issue you are facing:

I have been steadily upgrading NextCloud since version 11 or so, but the latest upgrade from 16.0.4.1 to 17.0.9 needed to be done partly manually (the updater got stuck at deleting old data) and I needed to move some files manually. But the data folder was kept unchanged and after successfully completing the upgrade, NextCloud is up again but doesn’t show any files. I luckily only have 2 users (one admin, one personal user) but 1.5 TB of data which I have been sending over a long period to my hosting provider. I have server side encryption running with the default module.

So I would be really happy to get to find / keep my uploaded data.

Any hints highly appreciated. I have been using this forum quite heavily to get here, but now am really stuck and don’t want to start from scratch due to the time of transferring the data.

I did try to do a file-scan for one single folder, but it didn’t help to show that data after completion, so even a files-scan --all might not help me out and would take ages…

[root@11no html]# sudo -u apache /usr/bin/php occ files:scan --path="/tim/files/NextCloud/Shared/Markus 50"/
Starting scan for user 1 out of 1 (tim)
±--------±------±-------------+
| Folders | Files | Elapsed time |
| 1 | 1 | 00:00:17 |

A few more information:
Although I had installed MariaDB at the beginning of the installation I seem to have kept using SQLLite according to the configuration. But that had never been an issue.

The NextCloud client (MacOS) also can’t connect and delivers “503: Service unavailable” on GET status.php

I also had a few errors about performance, etc. in the Admin Panel before, but no real issues before.
Now it looks like this:

There are some errors regarding your setup.

• Your web server is not yet properly set up to allow file synchronization, because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.

• Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the [documentation]

• Transactional file locking is disabled, this might lead to issues with race conditions. Enable “filelocking.enabled” in config.php to avoid these problems. See the [documentation :arrow_upper_right:] for more information.

• SQLite is currently being used as the backend database. For larger installations we recommend that you switch to a different database backend. This is particularly recommended when using the desktop client for file synchronisation. To migrate to another database use the command line tool: ‘occ db:convert-type’, or see the ).

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/caldav”. Further information can be found in the [documentation]).

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/carddav”. Further information can be found in the [documentation]).

• No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available. Further information can be found in the [documentation].

• The PHP OPcache module is not loaded. [For better performance it is recommended] to load it into your PHP installation.

• The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running “occ db:add-missing-indices” those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

• Missing index “share_with_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “parent_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “owner_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “initiator_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “fs_mtime” in table “oc_filecache”.
    • Missing index “twofactor_providers_uid” in table “oc_twofactor_providers”.
    • Missing index “version” in table “oc_whats_new”.
    • Missing index “cards_abid” in table “oc_cards”.
    • Missing index “cards_prop_abid” in table “oc_cards_properties”.
  • This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them.
    intlimagick

• Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running ‘occ db:convert-filecache-bigint’ those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read [the documentation page about this].

• activity.object_id
    • filecache.storage
    • filecache.parent
    • filecache.mimetype
    • filecache.mimepart
    • filecache.mtime
    • filecache.storage_mtime
    • mounts.storage_id
    • mounts.root_id
    • mounts.mount_id

Please double check the [installation guides :arrow_upper_right:], and check for any errors or warnings in the [log].

Check the security of your Nextcloud over [our security scan :arrow_upper_right:].

Version

Nextcloud 17.0.9

A new version is available: Nextcloud 18.0.8
All apps have an update for this version available

Update channel:

Stable

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Upgrade to 17.0.9
  2. Log in as user via web
  3. See no data at all

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Mainly:

Error	PHP	You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at /var/www/html/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18		2020-08-30T15:17:09+0200
Error	PHP	You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at /var/www/html/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18		2020-08-30T15:17:08+0200

It is scrolling quite fast with the same error and I don't see anything else

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'My_ID',
  'passwordsalt' => 'My_Salt',
  'secret' => 'My_Secret',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'My_URL',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'My_URL',
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',