No apps found for your version 15.0.5

Hi I just upgraded to Nextcloud 15.0.5
I’m running Nextcloud on a freebsd jail 11.2-STABLE
Im using apache24: Apache/2.4.38 (FreeBSD)
I’m using a redis server: Redis server v=4.0.14 sha=00000000:0 malloc=libc bits=64 build=2c64bd455342651c

After upgrade the apps section states No apps found for your version ( I included screenshot)

I tried restarting the apache, php-fm and redis services, however it doesn’t seem to make a difference. What do I do?

Please use the search function in this forum to find out if your problem has already been reported/discussed: https://help.nextcloud.com/search?q=no%20apps%20found

I searched the forum for the answer prior to posting but didn’t find the answer. I wish you would actually read the links you’re referring to. They don’t contain any specific answer. One was a permissions issue, another was a messed up config. None of that is specific in my case. I’d be happy to supply more information however honestly nextcloud shouldn’t be so fragile that one update kind of breaks things.

Do you allow to connect to Nextcloud app store server?

@rakekniven – What do you mean exactly? It was connecting prior to upgrade and I don’t have any firewall restrictions. I don’t remember ever setting up permissions with the app store when installing nextcloud. Is there some setting somewhere to do this?

So I went about trying to check my individual apps with the occ app:check-code command. For every single app I’m getting something like the following (I’m using the app apcu as an example for this one):

$ sudo -u www php occ app:check-code apcu
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to undefined function PhpParser\token_name() in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/nikic/php-parser/lib/PhpParser/Lexer.php:264
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/nikic/php-parser/lib/PhpParser/Lexer.php(29): PhpParser\Lexer->createTokenMap()
#1 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/CodeChecker/CodeChecker.php(60): PhpParser\Lexer->__construct()
#2 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/core/Command/App/CheckCode.php(95): OC\App\CodeChecker\CodeChecker->__construct(Object(OC\App\CodeChecker\StrongComparisonCheck), true)
#3 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\App\CheckCode->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#4 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(946): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#5 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(248): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\Core\Command\App\CheckCode), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#6 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(213): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/console.php(96): OC\Console\Application->run()
#9 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(‘/usr/local/www/…’)

Ehh – I went down wrong rabbit hole – sorry I installed php72-tokenizer however running the check code against my apps doesn’t really help. Sorry about the post.

So problem persists?

Yea – same thing – no apps found for your version. I have no idea what is going on. I thought about blowing away all the apps within apps-pkg directory, however I don’t think this is the source of the problem. I’ve looked into the occ commands however I don’t see one specifically that addresses the problems I’m having and google-fu isn’t helping on this one. Problem mentioned a few times within this forum however the half-baked solutions aren’t applicable. I’m wondering if a reinstall of nextcloud is in order although that seems rather drastic

I was talking about any firewall rules or any other blocking software preventing your nextcloud instances to contact apps server.

Do you see any apps to install or just no apps to upgrade?

I haven’t changed anything in terms of firewall rules since upgrading. The screen capture is shown above. I didn’t install every single app previously. I see no apps to install or upgrade. The installed apps however are listed – either enabled or disabled. This is not how the page is supposed to look. It should go to a “store” and show available apps in categories. Do you have a website where I can check the connection to the store.

Should I reinstall nextcloud? I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Hi kevdog, I have the exact same issue. Did you resolve it ?

@faisal

Hi faisal. No I never resolved this issue and unfortunately I didn’t find any reliable source on google search. I’m contemplating blowing away my nextcloud installation and starting over — I do however have the database and data backed up on a separate partition and I’m seeking guidance about how to reinstall using a backup copy of these two sources – most instructions have you install the database from scratch. I’m really disappointed no one could point me in the correct direction.

@kevdog

I didn’t find anything reliable on google too on this issue. My apache logs and nextcloud.log not giving any clue on whats the issue. Not sure where else to dig.

@kevdog
@faisal

Did y’all find a solution to No apps found for your version? I’m currently having the same problem.

It’s certbot-2.7

Thanks kevdog. What do you suggest to do?

Well rather than using certbot command you could just type certbot-2.7 or make a symbolic link for the cerbot command linking it to cerbot-2.7. Suggestion #2 probably more applicable however either will work.

1 Like

Nope. Found no solution. I have not reinstalled though. Everything works fine except that I cannot install/update/remove apps.