No acceptable WOPI hosts found matching the target host

Hi all,

I have installed collabora docker image on ubuntu 16.04 and set up apache as per the instructions on the collabora site (https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/) You have to scroll donw to the section titled “Getting Started in 3 Steps”.

I got a letsencrypt certificate and it all looked to easy to be try… and it was. If I clicked on any doc to edit I just get a half loaded collabora UI with a spinning circle saying “connecting”. The only issue I can see is the error below from the docker instance logs.

[ docbroker_003 ] ERR Exception while invoking poll [docbroker_003] callback: No acceptable WOPI hosts found matching the target host [nextcloud.abc.co.za] in config.| ./net/Socket.hpp:382

I have no idea how to fix this. I have searched and found people with similar problems but their solutions do not work for me. For example it seems the documentation has been updated for the correct apache config. I assume this is some kind of DNS error but the site in pingable by dns name from the host.

I can also resolve the host name of the nextcloud server from within the docker image “openssl s_client -connect nextcloud.abc.co.za:443” works fine from within the container

Any ideas?

Ok found the issue. It is mentioned in the troubleshooting section on the collabora site but you have to scroll to see it. When you start the docker image the domain environment variable passed to docker should be the domain name of the nextcloud server and not the collabora server!

Wow! I really hope they clarify that in the docs had the same issue, thank you for sharing!!