[NFR] Version control with username

Hi,

I would love to see version control to show the username per revision (last person who edited/uploaded/) in the hover balloon where you already have the date/time.

Would this be hard to achieve? or could I do this myself in an easy way?

TIA

Jusr to check, is this the correct way to ask for a NFR?

The question if you can achieve this by yourself easily fits perfectly into this Forum. I fear as long as you don’t want to change the code yourself, there is no easy way for you, to achieve this.
As a workaround for now, the activity app could be useful. It lists all the activities for files and displays who accessed and change the file.

For a feature request you better go to the github repository and post your request there.
Versioning is part of the Nextcloud/server repo:

From my understanding an NFR is a Pull Request on Github.

Thanks for the clarification. I am no coder myself, nor do I have GIT skills. And indeed this is a New Feature Request.

ps. The activity app does not seem to be available for NC 12.x?

This app is a standard app and already part of NC:

Yeah, you need to open a pull request on Github then. Just create a Github account, go to the repository I posted and open a new request. If pull request doesn’t work, then try a new issue.

Interesting, I am using NC12.0 but do not have the activity tab, just comments, share and versions

Hm, I have it activated since the beginning. Did you disable it for some reason earlier?

Not that I am aware of, but the underlying db originated from NC 8 and has been part of various upgrades of NC.

What would be the name of the app in the source please? https://github.com/nextcloud/server/tree/master/apps

This one

Thank you so much. Installed it and works. I must have ‘removed’ the activity app at some point.