NextCloudPlus letsencrypt with static ip

Hello,

I am trying to set up a NextcloudPlus from a RaspberryPi 3 Model B. I have a static ip and a dns which already has the a record point to the static ip. If I try to set up the letsencrypt for ncp I get the error:
“DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up A for example.com

I have run out of ideas what I could try to change, since I am not a professional (hence using ncp).

Any indications where I should start looking would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

1. Can you access your NCP via HTTP from outside of your local network already?
  2. Does an nslookup for your domain resolve to your static IP? (nslookup example.com)
  3. Does the domain resolve to an IPv4 or IPv6 address?
  4. Did you setup port forwarding (port 80 and 443) on your router for the NCP?

Hi,

firstly, thank you for your answer.
Now to answer your questions:

1. I believe so, if i try to access the static ip from outside I get a nextcloud error message, that the domain is not trusted but i could make it one if I clicked the button Add “12.12.123.123” to the trusted domains. If I do that, I get the error that the localhost refused to connect. (I would not get a Nextcloud error message if a connection could not be established or would I?)
  2. no it does not, it says: server can’t find example.com: SERVFAIL (I did not know this command, thank you for mentioning it. It also displays, what seem to be, ips that I have not seen before for both Server : … and Address: …)
  3. IPV4
  4. Yes, forwarded and portchecker.co returns positive results for both 80 and 443.