Nextcloudpi stuck in maintenance mode

My Nextcloudpi server has been stuck in Maintenance Mode for something like 12 hours now. I plugged in my server last night (I tend not to keep it running unless I want to download a file), and got the message “This Nextcloudpi instance is currently in maintenance mode, which may take a while.” Logging into the Nextcloudpi admin page shows the popup at the top that version 1.51.0 is available, but I have not clicked that yet (currently on 1.50.5).

The last entry on the logs page shows this:

[ nc-previews-auto ]
[ nc-limits ] (Sun 29 Jan 2023 03:39:05 AM UTC)
Using 1570415616 for PHP max memory
Installing template ‘php/90-ncp.ini.sh’…
Using 8 PHP threads
Installing template ‘php/pool.d.www.conf.sh’…
Installing template ‘mysql/91-ncp.cnf.sh’…
System config value trusted_domains => 3 set to string nextcloudpi
System config value overwrite.cli.url set to string https://nextcloudpi/

That doesn’t seem to reveal much, but I am no expert; in fact, I’m much more of a noob, so please keep that in mind when recommending any course of action.

I can hear the hard drive grinding away, so it seems to be doing something, but I have no idea what or why. If anyone could provide some insight, I’d appreciate it.

Follow-up to my earlier post today, “Nextcloudpi stuck in maintenance mode.” I believe I have disabled maintenance mode, but I can still hear the hard drive grinding away. I checked the space available, and in the last 24 hours, the used space has grown from around 55% of my 12TB drive to 76%! Could the system be backing itself up, including all files, to the same storage drive? I’m pretty much a noob, and don’t know how to see what’s going on “under the hood,” but I’m going to be running out of space on this 12TB drive in a hurry. I’d really appreciate some help on this.

(I have shut the server down for now - will be zero space available overnight at this rate)

Check the webui on port 4443 to get more info.

ncp-report from the terminal should help explain things.

Thanks for your advice, and sorry it took me a couple days to get to it. I was finally able to figure out how to get into the terminal (I could find no way to do it from the webui). I found where it was creating the backup on the data drive itself, and was able to delete it.

I still see many instances of a failure to create a differential backup in the ncp-report, but I think that is a backup of the installed apps and such done by cron, and unrelated to the full file backup I was seeing.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I just checked the space used, and it still shows 76%, but at least that number is no longer growing fast. Not sure how to determine what used up all that space, or how to reclaim it. Any ideas? Thanks.