NextcloudPi stops responding when using Nextcloud Win7 x64 client

hi @nachoparker

The other main root folder with “403 files and 43 folders” also was ok! Going to test with another root folder of 4.64GB scattered on “715 files and 130 folders”.

brb…

E.

1 Like

Hi @nachoparker

The 4.64GB scattered on “715 files and 130 folders” was also OK… not sure if this is good or bad news :expressionless: :slight_smile:
Now it is time for the big kahuna 28.5GB on 3087 files and 1264 folders.

E.

go for it!!! :smiley:

is this both from webinterface and sync client?

@nachoparker

I have dragged and dropped the big folder (28.5GB on 3087 files and 1264 folders) and only after around 10 min the transfer started, slowly but started :slight_smile:
It is now 17:00 and it is still copying the data, I will let you know when it finishes.

E.

@nachoparker,

All of this “drag and drop” is just using webUI. If necessary I may repeat the same test methodology for the sync client. I am thinking that maybe before doing the same steps with the sync client, I may try to repeat drag-dropping my NC root folder (39.3 GB, 4536 files, 1555 folders) into the webUI and check again the result.

E.

yes, sounds like a good idea

edit: seems like we have someone else seeing this

Hi @nachoparker

The upload via webUI was ok and I have all files there however I launched the sync client and after a initial check, it is syncing ALL files again:

Not sure if this is the right behaviour… Anyway, next steps:

TEST01: Drag and drop to the webUI all the NC files/folders
TEST02: Get a clean RPi3/NC instalation, configure everything and just use the sync client to upload data

I will start TEST01 now…

E.

great, great info and good results so far

one thing: I suggest you have a second copy of the folder with all your data, in case the sync does something weird.

good job!

Yeap :slight_smile: I have my “owncloud” dir with all the original data and then a “nextcloud” dir which is the test folder. Better safe than sorry, I have learn this many times the hard way :smiley:

It appears that if you upload files via webUI and then place the same files in the same exact location then lauch NC sync client, the files will be downloaded and replaced, although they are essentially the same. But surely this is not a problem at all, who would really do this?! The whole point is to have a app to do the sync for you :slight_smile:

E.

Well, they are “newer” versions, I imagine that’s why

@nachoparker

Apologies for posting this as it is not related with the topic but after flashing the image with Etcher on first boot I can’t seem to run sudo ncp-update right away:

When I run top I get:

After 10min or so then it runs normally. I guess dpkg is installing something on first boot?

@nachoparker

The new test (TEST01) was OK, I was able to drag-n-drop all the folders and by morning it was all copied.
I will now start over but using the NC sync client (TEST02)

E.

thanks again!

Unattended upgrades is updating the system. What is the base image (the file name) that you are copying?

Using NextCloudPi_10-02-17.img

That’s what I thought, I recommend you use the latest one, NextCloudPi_10-28-17.img

Humm… where’s the download link?
When I open https://ownyourbits.com the top shows HOME, ABOUT, NEXTCLOUDPI, when I click the NEXTCLOUDPI, the URL is https://ownyourbits.com/2017/02/13/nextcloud-ready-raspberry-pi-image/ which I can only find the magnet/torrent for the version I sent :frowning:

I am probably missing something really basic and maybe just in my face but let me know where I can find the latest image.

Thank you as always,
E.

the link

https://ownyourbits.com/wp-content/uploads/NextCloudPi_10-28-17.tar.bz2

or even better, the torrent :wink:

https://ownyourbits.com/wp-content/uploads/NextCloudPi_10-28-17.torrent

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and patience.
Where can I see when this image is updated?

normally I announce it in this forums

if it’s a big release with new stuff I also announce it in ownyourbits

1 Like

Quite active discussion here. Regarding the caching, I recall somehow that it is preferable to use just redis for all caching if you haven’t enough resources to run APCu as well.

Something more about all the upload performance: I did some tests in the past and it is really helpful to identify the main issue. Back then, it was the upload of many small files. @jospoortvliet did some tests with 10000 very small files, then you can even rule out bandwidth limitation (Upload performance OC 8.2.1 (50 mysql queries per file) · Issue #20967 · owncloud/core · GitHub) and use it as a benchmark. I also avoided browser uploads (you don’t have feedback of the number of files uploaded and the speed of it) and rather used the official client or directly webdav.