NextCloudPi: Nothing happens after "Initializing NextCloudPi for the first time"

ncp
docker

Hi,

I tried to run NextCloudPi in the docker container with the command

docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 6443:443 -p 6080:80 -v ncdata:/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf

There is an nginx reverse proxy on the machine to provide different applications (docker containers) on the same port.
In the logs “Init done” is shown but the browser shows (no matter if I access it from the Internet via the reverse proxy nor locally);

Initializing NextCloudPi for the first time
Please wait…

Logs:

Starting PHP-fpm
Starting Apache
Starting mariaDB
2018-09-29 5:07:04 1995870208 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1) starting as process 75 …
Provisioning
Provisioning Redis password
Updating NextCloud config with Redis password
Provisioning MariaDB password
Updating NextCloud config with MariaDB password
PHP threads set to 4
Starting Redis
Starting Cron
Starting Postfix
System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string 172.17.0.3
Init done
In some older forum posts there is a much longer logfile. Am I “missing” any logs?

On the RaspberryPi “docker-ce” is installed, since the docker container couldn’t be loaded with docker.io.

pi@raspberry:~ $ docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v ncdata:/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf
Unable to find image ‘ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf:latest’ locally
latest: Pulling from ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf
dbc234a865ab: Pulling fs layer
[…]
Pulling repository docker.io/ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf
Tag latest not found in repository docker.io/ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf

Could this be an issue, using docker-ce instead of docker.io? (sorry, total docker noob).

I have exactly the same issue, I am also using docker-ce and the second last line of my log file says “Starting redis-server: redis-server.” and finishes then with “Init done”. My solution for now is to use the full Raspberry Image instead of the docker image.

this is not the first time you run the container, you probably didn’t clear the ncdata volume.

Try to stop and remove the container, and remove also the volume before issuing docker run

Thank you, that’s it.
As I said, I’m a docker noob. I tried to restart the container the container with the full run command as stated in my first post. If anyone facing the same problem, just start the docker container with

docker start >container-id<

The container ID can be found with

docker ps -a

One-liner if you NextcloudPi container was the last to exit:

docker start ‘docker ps -q -l’

thanks, deleting the volume worked for me as well