Nextcloudpi - limited choice of installable apps? No two factor authentication app with TOTP

Hello Raspberry Forum,

I am currently testing whether it is realistic for me to implement my own NC installation. At the moment I have a hosted NC in use.

Using my Raspy4 with 4GB, I first installed a full Raspios Buster.

Then Nextcloudpi.

So far everything works. However, I would like to have two-factor authentication with TOTP. but, there is no such app in the app directory. There are only two incompatible apps and one without TOTP.

However, the Nextcloudpi documentation lists these apps: https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/d...entication-for-nextcloud/

Now I wonder if it is the NCpi version I have installed (v1.34.7) or what other possibilities there could be that I can’t access these apps.

Thank you very much for any feedback and ideas/tips.

What version Nextcloud are you on?

Run nc-info from ncp-web or in terminal (or via ssh/putty) run

sudo ncp-config > >SYSTEM>>nc-info

It can also be useful, for others to investigate, to run and share content of output of

sudo ncp-report

I’ve read elsewhere, problems to get TOTP from app store in NC 20.0.5, while still working in 20.0.4

Thanks for reply

I run Nextcloud Pi v1.34.7

If I try

sudo ncp-report

there run many lines in terminal. When I pause then I get:

NextCloudPi version v1.34.7
distribution Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 \n \l
automount yes
USB devices sda
datadir /media/myCloudDrive/ncdata
data in SD no
data filesystem btrfs
data disk usage 22G/1,9T
rootfs usage 8,5G/29G
swapfile /var/swap
dbdir /media/USBdrive/ncdatabase
Nextcloud check ok
Nextcloud version 20.0.5.2
HTTPD service up
PHP service up
MariaDB service up
Redis service up
Postfix service up
internet check ok
port check 80 open
port check 443 open
IP REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE
gateway REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE
interface eth0
certi-bash: NextCloudPi: Kommando nicht gefunden.
ficates REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE
NAT loopback no
uptime 6min

Could this help?

If you used nc-update-nextcloud there will be a backup to revert your install to the previous one.
If not, did you have auto backups enabled? You can use one to revert to a previous version too.
I would revert to a previous version and not update beyond 20.0.4 which has been stable and is in use by most ncp users. At least untill 20.0.5 is tested and gets green light from ncp dev.

Thank you for your patience.
I did not know, how I did the update. But - ashes on my head - it seems there is no backup. Must look, what was going wrong. Auto backup is enabled, but maybe I enabled it after making this update…
So I have to make an new install. But if it will work then with TOTP, I will do it.

Do you know the reason, why some apps are not available in the newer version?
And how do I have to check, if an update is stable or not?

Ncp users are well advised to enable automatic backups and auto updates
https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/en/staying-up-to-date/
Ncp volenteers test updates, before they are released to ncp users with auto-updates enabled.

The reason sometimes things break: devs are only human and make mistakes. Code can be complex, and it’s not always possible to know all the dependencies up and downstream of a project.

1 Like

After new install with NC 20.0.4 everything works. The apps now are available. Thanks for help.

1 Like