NextCloudPi Insufficient Storage USB key

I tried to do it with the Web UI, I started to create a new user, clicked on create, then the web interface got stuck and I can’t access the raspberryPi anymore through the web. I tried to figure out how to do the same with nextcloudpi-config, but coudn’t find the solution.

That’s bad. So, the NC database seems to have been damaged. I really can’t give you any good advise on that, but I do think, that you will likely not be able to repair that and that you might have to re-install NC altogether.

However, creating a new topic like “NC database damaged after disk full” and the screenshots might get you something, but there’s something in the database which makes PHP choke on the data it gets from it.

Ok.
Well I don’t think that the database is damaged because my computer (client) synchronizes fine with the database. I am sure of that because I can see it with my android phone app.
It is the Web UI which is damaged.
But you’re right, it’ll be quicker to reinstall everything from scratch I think.
Thanks a lot for your help, and I did learn quite a bit going through this.

@budy @lemar I arrived a bit late to this topic, but I wanted to let you know that on NCP the way to go is to issue sudo ncp-report which will probably point you to what is wrong with your system.

Also, by default nc-backup has a limit of 4 backups, and you can also backup without the datadir (that is really big in your case). This way the backups will be under 200 MBs and you can restore your instance including the configuration and database.

If your USB drive is formatted BTRFS ( the default ), you can use nc-snapshot-auto and nc-snapshot-sync to have security copies of your data files that take very little extra space.

Ideally you would use backups without data, and use the snapshots to have extra copies of your data.

Cheers

Thanks for the answer. If I recall correctly I set the number of backups to 1, because i knew there was not much place on my USB key, but it was a big backup. I don’t understand why you are saying that mine was a “big backup”, as I wouldn’t expect the backup to be smaller than the data.

I haven’t reinstalled the system yet, so here is the ncp-report.
I don’t understand much, but as far as I can decode, it seems fine to me.

Thanks for the answer. If I recall correctly I set the number of backups to 1, because i knew there was not much place on my USB key, but it was a big backup. I don’t understand why you are saying that mine was a “big backup”, as I wouldn’t expect the backup to be smaller than the data.

I haven’t reinstalled the system yet, so here is the ncp-report if someone can take a look at it. I don’t understand much, but I see no obvious problem.

­<–! Paste this in GitHub report -->

<details>

<summary>NextCloudPi diagnostics</summary>

NextCloudPi version v0.53.5

NextCloudPi image NextCloudPi_02-06-18

distribution Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 \n \l

automount yes

USB devices sda

datadir /media/USBdrive/ncdata

data in SD no

data filesystem btrfs

data disk usage 31G/60G

rootfs usage 2.0G/30G

swapfile /var/swap

Nextcloud check ok

Nextcloud version 13.0.0.14

HTTPD service up

PHP service up

MariaDB service up

Redis service up

Postfix service up

internet check ok

port check 80 open

port check 443 open

IP 192.168.1.37

gateway 192.168.1.254

interface eth0

certificates none

certs due none

NAT loopback no

uptime 12:38

</details>

<details>

<summary>Nextcloud configuration</summary>

{

"system": {

"passwordsalt": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"secret": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"trusted_domains": {

"0": "localhost",

"1": "192.168.1.37",

"5": "nextcloudpi.local",

"3": "thibmus.mooo.com",

"2": "thibmus.mooo.com"

},

"datadirectory": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"overwrite.cli.url": "https:\/\/thibmus.mooo.com",

"dbtype": "mysql",

"version": "13.0.0.14",

"dbname": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"dbhost": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"dbport": "",

"dbtableprefix": "oc_",

"mysql.utf8mb4": true,

"dbuser": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"dbpassword": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"installed": true,

"instanceid": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"memcache.local": "\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis",

"memcache.locking": "\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis",

"redis": {

"host": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"port": 0,

"timeout": 0,

"password": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***"

},

"mail_smtpmode": "smtp",

"mail_smtpauthtype": "PLAIN",

"mail_from_address": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"mail_domain": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"overwriteprotocol": "https",

"maintenance": false,

"logfile": "\/media\/USBdrive\/ncdata\/nextcloud.log",

"loglevel": "2",

"log_type": "file",

"mail_smtpsecure": "tls",

"mail_smtphost": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"mail_smtpport": "587",

"mail_smtpauth": 1,

"mail_smtpname": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",

"mail_smtppassword": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***"

}

}

</details>

<details>

<summary>HTTPd logs</summary>

[Mon Mar 26 06:25:02.725714 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 916:tid 1992617984] AH01909: localhost:4443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

[Mon Mar 26 06:25:03.000452 2018] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 916:tid 1992617984] AH00489: Apache/2.4.25 (Raspbian) OpenSSL/1.0.2l configured -- resuming normal operations

[Mon Mar 26 06:25:03.000533 2018] [core:notice] [pid 916:tid 1992617984] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

</details>

<details>

<summary>Database logs</summary>

</details>

<details>

<summary>Nextcloud logs</summary>

I SKIPPED  some info, and this is the end

{&quot;reqId&quot;:&quot;WriVqX8AAQEAAAYZ7TgAAAwH&quot;,&quot;level&quot;:2,&quot;time&quot;:&quot;2018-03-26T06:39:43+00:00&quot;,&quot;remoteAddr&quot;:&quot;192.168.1.36&quot;,&quot;user&quot;:&quot;--&quot;,&quot;app&quot;:&quot;core&quot;,&quot;method&quot;:&quot;POST&quot;,&quot;url&quot;:&quot;\/index.php\/login?user=test1&quot;,&quot;message&quot;:&quot;Login failed: 'test1' (Remote IP: '192.168.1.36')&quot;,&quot;userAgent&quot;:&quot;Mozilla\/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/59.0&quot;,&quot;version&quot;:&quot;13.0.0.14&quot;}

{&quot;reqId&quot;:&quot;WriVzH8AAQEAAAYaUPsAAEYW&quot;,&quot;level&quot;:2,&quot;time&quot;:&quot;2018-03-26T06:40:25+00:00&quot;,&quot;remoteAddr&quot;:&quot;192.168.1.36&quot;,&quot;user&quot;:&quot;--&quot;,&quot;app&quot;:&quot;core&quot;,&quot;method&quot;:&quot;POST&quot;,&quot;url&quot;:&quot;\/index.php\/login?user=test1&quot;,&quot;message&quot;:&quot;Login failed: 'test1' (Remote IP: '192.168.1.36')&quot;,&quot;userAgent&quot;:&quot;Mozilla\/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/59.0&quot;,&quot;version&quot;:&quot;13.0.0.14&quot;}

You have plenty of free space at this moment. If those 30GB are NC data, you won’t be able to store another backup that includes data, so I would do dataless backups and maybe use snapshots if you want data redundancy, as explained before