[NextcloudPi] ERROR Your data directory is invalid Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory

nice!

well, it seems that if the mounting is “slow” enough, the USBdrive links generated didn’t pass the check that it has to be a mountpoint because it is not fully mounted yet at the time of generation.

you can mark as solved

Very interesting!

Cool, thanks again!!!

Hi guys, first thank you for the Nextcloudpi, it really is great way help people control their data… Sorry, I write first time in forum. I used to find all info I needed for solving my issue. Not anymore. Issue in this thread seems to be the same I have, I went through the steps, but I have BTRFS file system… I tried to run check command (sorry still quite newby) and it gave me all OK response… I am afraid my disk is gone with the data… It is actually few weeks old disk and I have older which I wanted to use for snapshots, but did not set up that yet… :-/ any help much appreciated…

This commend helped me check the owner and group settings for the /media folder where my data was moved to. Permissions on the root folder of /media/ was not accessible by the group of www user. Updating this with a chmod for group and other users was the key. The /media/ became visible to the user group of the www user, fixing the problem.

Will crosspost it in the how-to as well. Thanks @nachoparker !