Nextcloudpi (docker, M1 macos): can not access web interface to activate after intstallation

I have been able to successfully install nextcloudpi on a raspberry pi and on an intel mac using docker. However, I have not been able to successfully install nextcloudpi on a new M1 mac.

For the installation, I am using the command

docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v ncdata:/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi my-local-ip

The logs show ā€œinit doneā€ and that everything is running, however, when I go to https://localhost:443 to activate Nexcloudpi, either nothing happens, or the browser complains that the site is not secure and doesnā€™t let me proceed. This is doubly strange, because if I try to go the insecure http://localhost:443, the browser complains that the site is ssl-enabled. I have done my best to get the browser to use the self-signed certificate, but nothing worksā€¦

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? Given that Iā€™ve gotten this to work on an intel mac and Pi, Iā€™m pretty sure that Iā€™m not doing anything dumb, but to be honest, I rarely use docker.

Thanks!

For info, running the x86 version on the same M1 mac DOES work, but of course you get a warning that it will be run in emulation mode with a decrease in performance

docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v ncdata:/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-x86 10.179.249.107
WARNING: The requested imageā€™s platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm64/v8) and no specific platform was requested

This seems to indicate that there is something wrong with ARM64 docker container on M1 macs.

Hi @zond,

This is because you are using a self-signed certificateā€¦ all browsers show a warning when a self signed certificate is used but on some you have the possibility to continue on the site.

Thanks for the response, but that is not the problem: Accessing the activation page works fine when installing the x86 version on an M1 mac.

Yes, my browser does warns me that the site uses a self-signed certificate, and I am given the option to proceed. When using the x86 container on an M1, after clicking ā€œokā€, I arrive at the activation page. Using the ARM64 container on an M1, after clicking ā€œokā€, nothing happens.

@zond umā€¦ ok. I misunderstood your problem but I donā€™t know much about docker.