Nextcloudpi crashes my Router

So I set up Nextcloudpi on my Raspberry 3. Everything is working fine and I can even access it from the outside of my network but I can barely use it because it’s no fun.

When I use the Desktop Mac client to upload or download stuff to my Nextcloudpi which is connected to my HDD, my Router begins to restart and it loses the WiFi connection. I have to wait like 5 minutes until my Router is back up. Dunno what causes the issue and maybe you guys have an idea what’s wrong. I would really love using this solution for my files instead of Microsoft and other services but I can’t if my network crashes every time I use the client to upload or download (even small files).

These are issues with your network setup. Very likely you need a new router if it is randomly restarting, or it might need a stability firmware upgrade. Just unclear on how you’ve set this up.

What kind of router? This multi-minute restart makes no sense and is certainly particular to your case. Bummer. People will need explicit details on how you set this up in order to advise.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.