Nextcloud Versioning App. How to exclude specific folder(s) from versioning

Support intro

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version: 16.0.3
Operating system and version : Rasperian Buster
Apache or nginx version : Nginx
PHP version : 7.3

The issue you are facing:

All files are being versioned. I expect the ability to exclude certain folders. The issue I’m facing is I use Joplin for my notes. All Joplin files are kept in the Joplin folder in my nextcloud data directory. As I create and edit notes repeatedly, the Joplin files change often. However, Joplin has it’s own versioning system and hence it’s unnecessary for nextcloud to be versioning all these files. It’s wasteful of resources and disk space.

Additionally the notes are encrypted so the individual Joplin data files make no sense. I don’t even have to look at them. Even if I could and tried to restore one of the a prior version, Joplin would compare the time stamps and simply revert the change back to the most current version.

With this being said:

1. Is there a way to exclude the Joplin folder from versioning?
  2. If the answer to number 1 above is no, will versioning work on hidden folders? I am curious if I rename the Joplin folder to .Joplin as a hidden folder will versioning skip it because it’s hidden?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : Y

Hell, yes - this is actually still not possible?

Ruins the usage of the file_versions for me, since I don’t want my external files which are backuped anyway to be twice and more in the nextcloud-folder (trash and versions), that’s why they are included using external folders int he first place!

I have my documents synced at work and at home.
the Microsoft Outlook .pst file has been versioned every couple hours and grown to 2.7TB. It took me half a day to find the problem.
How can I exclude this versioning? It’s ok to have one backup of the file (it’s 3.x GB), but not multiple versions of it.
Is this not possible?
Can I exclude this particular folder? I don’t know why it’s even included, since it’s not part of the “normal” My Documents folder…
Thanks.

Hello, sorry for reviving an old thread, I could not find anyway to exclude a folder from versioning anywhere.
Or is it possible to set folder specific versioning (that applies to all subdirectories)?