Nextcloud updates 10.0.2 and 9.0.55 are available, time to update!

Originally published at: https://nextcloud.com/blog/nextcloud-updates-10.0.2-and-9.0.55-are-available-time-to-update/

Those of you keeping an eye on the updater app will have been notified: Nextcloud 10.0.2 and 9.0.55 are now available for download. If you did not get notified, check our blog here with tips on how to upgrade! These updates bring a number of important security and stability updates so we strongly recommend to upgrade.

What's new

About 90 changes were merged in 10.0.2, about two dozen in 9.0.55, most of them small bug fixes all over. Some fix compatibility with older Firefox versions, check what PHP version you run, make certain things work under specific settings, fix small UI glitches and more.

There are also some translation improvements and a few performance related updates. Last but not least, a number of minor security issues has been fixed, details of which you can expect after our usual 2 week waiting period. We suggest upgrading before that time!

Get the latest nextcloud version via the updater or grab 10.0.2 on our install page.

1 Like

Hi,

I only get the 10.0.2 - via the updater - when I switch to the beta channel ?!?!

Cheers,
Andreas

Please try again. Iā€™ve increased the likelihood that updates get delivered to you. Let us know if all worked fine :slight_smile:

Yes ā€¦ you are a magician :smiley:

Thanks, now itā€™s perfect :wink:

Update went absolutely smootly (All through the new web Update). Thank you :slight_smile:

The question is, do I go to 10.0.2 or wait for 11 to drop and jump straight up there?

If you want to try the updater, itā€™s a good idea to update :wink:

Go for the t-shirt @JasonBayton :wink:

Take a chance on Nextcloud!

1 Like

I figured no harm in trying 10.0.2 for nowā€¦ update appeared to be smooth and no issues reported in admin/nothing showing in the log.

Reassuringly underwhelming :smiley:

same here - all went smooth.
As always, donā€™t forget to manually re-enable all apps that have been disabled during upgrade:
for i in calendar contacts notes ojsxc ownnote polls richdocuments tasks; do php occ app:enable $i ; done

Just done now 10.0.1 ==> 10.0.2 with the web updater without any glitches. All went smooth. Very good work guys ! :thumbsup:

Wow update with the updater worked fine at 2nd try!

1st try showed error, because it couldnā€™t write to the updater directory.

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/owncloud

fixed istā€¦

Thank You!

1 Like

Same here. Would be nice if the updater learned to change permissions he needs and change them back to a safe default

Updater did not work for me.

First it complained about the folder ā€œassetsā€ being present, then about not being able to write to the ā€œupdaterā€ folder. My permissions on ALL folders were set as suggested per https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/10.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_wizard.html#strong-perms-label

Apparently these settings are not compatible with the updater. Did a manual (backup &) update as per a modified version of the script suggested here: Shell script for backup and upgrade (nextcloud or owncloud)

See my message and the response of flidd here : Confusion and problems regarding update

That would require the updater run with elevated privileges. Not good.

Did not run through for me as well. After being stuck for half an hour on copying in the new files, I went to /config/config.php and set ā€˜maintenanceā€™ => false. After that, the update started or maybe ran a 2nd time. That I could not tell. After that all was fine.

Then this must be made clear in the Updater Startpage. Otherwise itā€™s just confusing.

Thatā€™s right. And doing -R www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud isnā€™t complicatedā€¦

Updater tells me he found an unexpected file ā€œtmpā€ ā€“ well, there should be a folder tmp but isnĀ“t that supposed to be there or did I put it in the wrong place?

thx

Initializing
Current version is 10.0.1.
Update to Nextcloud 10.0.2 available. (channel: ā€œstableā€)
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-10.0.2.zip
Retry update
Check for expected files
The following extra files have been found:
tmp