Nextcloud talk: Slow loading messages when push notifications on

The issue you are facing: Nextcloud talk on ios and android when notifications are enabled. When i click on said notification the chat opens as expected however the page only shows the previous messages unless you go back to list of chats and reclick the chat. Or wait for several seconds for it to refresh.

I’ve installed nextcloud on apache (using php7.4-fpm) with nginx reverse proxy in front of it however tested without nginx and issue persisted. Is this a misconfigured setting slowing my Talk app.

ALmost feels like the chat window opens then needs to refresh before showing latest messages, just the refresh is slightly longer than you’d expect/like.

Fresh install a few days ago so running NC 23 and Talk 13.0.1

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install Nextcloud as i have above, and install talk
  2. Add user and install talk app on android/ios with notifications enabled on server side in talk settings.
  3. send message to user using android/ios app. Open the message by pressing on notification.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Let me know what logs are relevant and i can share. (Cant see any mention on talk within nextcloud.log)

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => ~* 'passwordsalt' => * 'secret' => '*' 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => '127.0.0.1:8080', 1 => mydomain_goes_here.com 2 => '192.168.3.155:8080', 3 => '192.168.3.155', ), 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'memcache.distributed' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis', 'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis', 'redis' => array ( 'host' => '/var/run/redis/redis-server.sock', 'port' => 0, 'dbindex' => 0, 'timeout' => 1.5, ), 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://mydomain_goes_here.com', 'overwritehost' => 'mydomain_goes_here.com', 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https', 'defaultapp' => 'apporder', 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '23.0.0.10', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => 'nextcloud', 'dbpassword' => 'top_secret', 'installed' => true, 'app_install_overwrite' => array ( 0 => 'apporder', 1 => 'rainloop', ), ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: Let me know what logs are useful, again cant spot anything in nginx/apache logs that seems relevant.