Nextcloud Talk Signaling Server - now automated installation

This seems like a firewall/frontend proxy issue to me. I installed it successfully today and nothing changed in the code since we implemented it.

Thanks for all your help. I have some more testing to do, but it appears this is an android Talk issue.

@Django43

Did you finally manage to build your installation with docker?

Iā€™m trying to build one using the dockercompose file provided by @Reiner_Nippes, but Iā€™m running into issues for the configuration part for nats and janus.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

BR,
Highrish

I wanted to put this here as the best description of modern videoconferencing technology based on WebRTC that Iā€™ve read
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/webrtc-architectures-balaji-lakshmanan/

1 Like

@enoch85
Quick question about Talk+HPB: does it work with Matterbridge?
After downloading and enabling the latter I canā€™t see the Settings tab for the chatroom.
Hence, I canā€™t bridge to any ā€œexternalā€ chat servicesā€¦

I have no idea actually. Never tested, and donā€™t know what Matterbridge is either. :slight_smile:

I think henry is talking about this:

Yes, thatā€™s what I was looking forā€¦

I do understand now that HPB has nothing to do with it.
Even when installing NC the ā€œstandardā€ way, then adding basic Talk to it has the same problems with Matterbridge connector appā€¦

Lots of confusing elementsā€¦
First, it says the latest version is 1.22.4 but it downloads and installs 1.22.3.

It suppose to have a settings tab, when you select a chatroom, but it does not (for me; v.21 and 22).

It does have it on v.20 but does not allow to bridge to any channelsā€¦

I guess itā€™s work in progressā€¦ or needs ā€œenterprise documentationā€ā€¦

Ok, so the issue with installation should now be fixed for everyone having issue before. Please try again.

Hi,

The git is down for this, is it still around?

Do you mean that desec.io is down?

i cannot get to the git hub repo to try this

Link in the first post is now updated, thanks for the heads up!