Nextcloud Talk - Share Screen Issues

Hi, I’m trying to setup Nextcloud Talk in our office to talk to a satellite office. Audio and Video work great without any issue. However, whenever trying to share a screen audio and video cut out and we are left with a black screen. The user at the Satellite office is running Windows 7 and the main office is running Windows 10.

At first the Satellite user was running Firefox, but I’ve seen that others have had issues with screensharing and Firefox so we got them to install Chrome.

Once they tried to share the screen with Chrome the pop-up for the Extension was accepted and added to Chrome. However the same issue occurred with loss of video/audio and a black screen.

This issue happens in both directions.

Anyone have any tips for me to try before I submit a bug report on Git?

Thanks,
Robert

0 Likes

I have same issue with screen sharing with nextcloud 15.07 (tried both php7.2 and 7.3) and talk app 5.03 . When screen sharing is enabled the participants cannot see each other and the call gets disconnected-connected on loop . I had to use the docker image with nextcloud 14 and screen sharing works without problem .
So what i did to make it work with nextcloud15 is to uninstall talk 5.03 and install 5.01 from https://github.com/nextcloud/spreed/releases and screen sharing works without a problem.

0 Likes