Nextcloud Talk for Android v2.1.0beta3 is out!

please take me out here

Tried. works perfectly.

Not in my mobile

Mobile

Web

The emoji lines are missing
:thinking:

I don’t know, sorry - look at your DB collation.

What’s recommend third party keyboard to use on Android

I use Maria DB,
i don’t have any idea about DB collation

In beta 3 works the emoji, but not in beta4 and beta 5

Beta3 was broken in that regard. Beta4 and Beta5 work properly. The issue is MOST probably in your database setup.

I make the database with Maria DB for a nextcloud, and I never touch it.
if you want I can make a new test instance and create a new database, but tell me what’s a special thing i need to do.

Do not use 3rd party keyboard from Google Play unless you have Firewall on your phone. If not all most of them steal your information, I tested multiples of them and all of them try to contact external servers constantly.

Only one I can recommend is Anysoft from F-droid, it offers emoji

I try this, but in my case, continuously dont working the emoji

not sure, it has extensive emojio support. It has additional plugins, there might be an emoji addon for it.

As Mario said, you need a database that supports emojis, specifically you need to enabled utf8mb. Some answers in this Stackoverflow question might help: https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/8239/how-to-easily-convert-utf8-tables-to-utf8mb4-in-mysql-5-5

thanks for the answer
wen I try I tell you

hi updated server app and android too. in my case continue not working the emoji.

I check the database

I’m not database expert, the database is in utf8mb4 as you see in the screenshot, but the core of the database its in utf8.
the tables are in utf8_bin

i can’t change the core because its my main server, not a test environment. maybe I finish here my beta test cooperation up to september, now I can’t assemble other server for try.