Nextcloud Talk app data location

I want to backup my data on a fresh deployment of nextcloud data. I have already restored database and ncdata folder and now but my talk was not restored.
So now I want to find data location for talk so i can also restore it. Can anyone help where I can find that data?

Which data? Talk stores the chat messages and all data in the database and shared files are stored in the data directory via the files app.

HI,
in which tables does talk store the data, only
oc_comments
oc_comments_read_markers
or are there others

thanks
Jochen

Those are the chat messages and read markers.

There is more data in oc_appconfig, oc_migration, oc_preferences.
Attachment meta data in oc_filecache.
And of course all the oc_talk_* tables

But I’m a bit scared by your question. Some of this tables are recovering from manual deletion.

THanks
all I can say is that my database has a problem (and it seems to be related to oc_filecache) and is causing problem wiht long sql queries since a long time - see link.

I setup a fresh nextcloud instance with new database and a copy of my files and this instance didn’t show this slow responsiveness anymore. But my talk history is gone and also from other apps… so this is where the question came from

What I did now is importated a full backup of the SQL Table and cleared the oc_filecache oc_filecache_extend, delete the whole preview folder and run
file:scan --all
files:scan-app-data
and start generating the previews again

So far it looks like the inital problem is gone
talk chat are still available but it seems that talk is using (hash) references to oc_filecache as files shared in talk are no more shown (I guess)
Same I see for other apps like Deck, although I could find a oc_deck_attachment
The information about shared folders is also gone/not working
but for me just running an instance for my family this is OK and will simply add the shared folders by hand again…
Or maybe someone has a better idea - thx

It actually uses the file ids, but since you purged that table there is nothing we can do for you anymore.

Also note that several other tables have references to content of the filecache, e.g. sharing, tagging, etc.
So now undesired files might have a share link, comments from other files and similar issues.

What you did is unsupported and heavily discouraged.

No database/table is still there - as said I work on a full duplicated nextcloud instance (proxmox container) and I have daily backups, so restoring is not a problem

but I had this problem now such a long time even photo 2.0 app didn’t help and searched the internet over and over again, seeking for any hint and so I decided to start testing things out by try and error with my limited knowledge to gain some insight…

Concerning " So now undesired files might have a share link, comments from other files and similar issues." - yes you are right what I forgot to say is that I cleared the oc_share* but I think this makes it not better, this removes maybe one obvious source of wrong references, which I could find but without understanding/knowng every single reference to oc_filecache I see now that this is a really bad approach what I did - thanks for the clear words here

If you have any advise what I can test to resolve the problem better - please let me know
thx

PS:
Some observation concerning the long query problem:

• not all accounts are affected, could be only one (mine) the account of my wife is not showing the problem
  • long sql query seems not to happen if disable talk app for a test
  • very long query string (62400 character long!) is generated - I think this is not normal?

FYI - if someone with same/similar problem ends here…
I continued my try and error (this time not doing crazy things in the database) on cloned instances and I was able to find the problem - an old chat conversation in talk has caused the problem. After deleting this in the (via the web front end) the problem of long sql queries is gone.
Fits to the observation that disabling the talk app also removed the problem…
But why talk is influencing the photo app here, is unclear to me…

best regards
jochen