Nextcloud Talk: Android 2.1 app is out!

Originally published at: https://nextcloud.com/blog/nextcloud-talk-android-2.1-app-is-out/

Last month, we announced that Chat has come to all platforms supported by Nextcloud Talk. Today, the Android app makes another step forward with a strong focus on improving the user experience. Key changes are configurable ringtones, emoji support and improved proximity sensor handling.

Changelog

The main changes are:
  • Ability to select call(s) and message(s) ringtone
  • The app will now stop ringing if call was picked up on another device
  • Emoji support. You can use 3rd-party keyboards to select emoji's.
  • Completely overhauled incoming call UI and UX
  • Support full, immersive UI on tall phones
  • Updated Chat UI
  • More feedback on outgoing call
  • Better proximity sensor handling in voice-only calls
In addition to that are many smaller improvements, tweaks and bug fixes. [gallery columns="4" size="medium" ids="4328,4327,4326,4325"]

Hi folks,

I’ve installed the new version from fdroid (2.1.2).
Setting up the first account did well. But on setting up the second one the app is lasting on the turning blue circle for long, long time till I broke up.
After restart of the app it seems that there is more than one account, the option ‘Change between accounts’ is shown but it leads me to an empty page. Trying to setup the second account again the app tells me that the account would exist.

Even the import from the nextcloud app hangs on the turning blue circle.

I’m on Shiftphone 4.2 with Android 5.1.1.
Talk app on the servers are up-to-date.

Kind regards!
Frank

Hi folks,

I’ve installed the new version from fdroid (2.1.2).
Setting up the first account did well. But on setting up the second one the app is lasting on the turning blue circle for long, long time till I broke up.
After restart of the app it seems that there is more than one account, the option ‘Change between accounts’ is shown but it leads me to an empty page. Trying to setup the second account again the app tells me that the account would exist.

Even the import from the nextcloud app hangs on the turning blue circle.

I’m on Shiftphone 4.2 with Android 5.1.1.
Talk app on the servers are up-to-date.

Kind regards!
Frank

Exactly the same happens to me.

LineageOS 7.1.x , Talk 2.1.x . Even with the last two Talk 2.x versions from f-droid it happened. I think version prior to 2.x didn’t have it.

I’ll investigate. Did you file a bug?

No, not yet. Should I? It may be not a common problem.
Is there a log file anywhere?

No, not yet. Should I? It may be not a common problem.
Is there a log file anywhere?

Hello, with the latest version we have an issue. When you add an call from an public link it works. But after that, the App try to login to the other Server from the first call/chat. The next call fails. You have to logout from the server. Is that normal?

The screenshot shows the Android App from the chat partner after an call on my server.

File it here: https://github.com/nextcloud/talk-android

No logs, but I can look into it.

https://github.com/nextcloud/talk-android - File a bug.

I do it. But later this day.

1 Like

Done!
If something isn’t clear enough don’t hesitate to write me.

Fraengii

1 Like

Hi, what about security?
Are there any plans to implement OMEMO?
Thanx for your work and regards!