Nextcloud Sync client error about missing files

I’ve been running NextCloud for a few years now, but in the recent few months I switched to using the Hetzner StorageShare hosted version. It’s been running great until the most recent upgrade to the latest version, wherein my Linux and Windows desktop sync clients are complaining about files no longer existing and getting a 404 through WebDAV.

I asked the Hetzner team to try and clean the DB to see if that might fix it, however I’m still receiving the sync errors about files not existing. My Android phone doesn’t have that error, however it still sees the deleted files and if I attempt to download them it says the files don’t exist. If I try to delete them, then I’m given an error that I do not have permission to do so.

How can I fix this?

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.1.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu, I believe
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Unknown
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.23

The issue you are facing:

As stated above, I’m unable to properly sync using the Desktop Sync app in either Windows or Linux, with it complaining about files that no longer exist not existing and therefore erroring out.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): No

Steps to replicate it:

1. Start Desktop Sync App
  2. Let app attempt to sync

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

N/A

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

N/A

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

N/A