Nextcloud stuck in maintenance mode after update

That’s very funny. I would have thought that Nextcloud would know which app is installed. That doesn’t seem to be the case when comparing the GUI and occ.

Please take e.g. for federation a look at the file /path/to/nextcloud/apps/federation/appinfo/info.xml and search for < version > or < /version > (without blank) there. Is there 1.18.0 or 1.4.0?

I think the old version is installed and in the GUI is a display error from Nextcloud. Maybe a Nextcloud bug for displaying disabled apps.

Test maybe again:
sudo -u www-data php occ app:update --all

The info.xml file for the federation app shows a version of 1.18.0.

I ran the app:update command and it shows no output. I’m guessing that means everything is up-to-date. There must be a problem with the app:list command.

Ok. Then everything else seems to be ok. Nevertheless, you should have a look through the apps. Some deactivated apps can be interesting and you should uninstall apps you don’t need.

If occ app: does not work, it may of course be that it deactivated the apps during the update. Perhaps you can uninstall and reinstall some of the apps as a test. Maybe then something will change.

I was under the impression that you can’t uninstall apps that come with Nextcloud. I guess I could manually delete the files, but I wasn’t sure if there’d be any side effects to that. When I install a 3rd party app, I do see the option to uninstall it (on the Web UI). Not so for the 1st party apps.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.