Nextcloud SIP client application required

Hello,

I am looking for someone to develop a SIP client application for nextcloud 11 and 12
The sip client should be webrtc protocol based. Work with Freepbx based ippbx.
The sip client should be able to connect using wss secure webrtc.
Voice and video calls , initially voice will be okay.
SIP Server is next to the nextcloud server therefore no external ip to be used because I do not want to expose the
sip server to the outside world.
What is important is that the sip client should be able to extract the user name and pass from the nextcloud
similar to the way XMPP, Spreed and rainloop work.

I am not a developer hence I seek someone to make this app or help me with guidance to make it.
Ready to pay for the developer should anyone be interested.

Hello How come no one is interested ? where are the freelancers out there ?

What differs talking over e.g. the app Video Calls from your SIP app?

Also, I think that making a statement of what your budget is would be a good start.

The SIP application is independent of The spreed and spreedme apps already implemented into nextcloud.
SIP depends on a core engine , say asterisk Kamailio Elastix…and it allows you to make tel calls from wherever you are on the move. Tel calls using your corporate landlines so your clients will not be able to recognize your actual location.

The sip app I am looking for should be able to work with asterisk version 13 and above.
I did not want to go into much technical details as I wanted the developer to propose or to negotiate a solution or a design.
There are many ways of doing it, it could be WEBRTC based or PSJIP or normal SIP protocol.
This same SIP app can also support Video and Voice as well.
Half of the work is done in github
JSSIP, ctxsip, sipml5, doubango and Janus are some examples.

In my opinion JSSIP (Voice and Video , webrtc based) as well as ctxsip (webrtc, voice only) could be the best candidates and the easiest to implement.
My budget depends on the final outcome , I am looking for a fair and decent proposition.

Hi Giorgio,
I do have a genius java programmer for JSSIP, feel free to get in touch with me if you still need a developer.
Thanks
Tim
info@cloudpros.ch

@cloudpros Hi Tim,
Please check your e-mail

In this tutorial, I will guide you to build your own chat application with SIP calling . https://blog.mirrorfly.com/sip-protocol-with-webrtc-application/ This tutorial had explained step by step details of how to build sip calling, technology stack, architecture, etc.

Hi giorgio09, could you do the integration? Maybe you recommended the developer? At the moment I need to do the same. thanks in advance for any information

If you are interested in a SIP client for Nextcloud, you can check SIP Trip Phone.

SIP Trip Phone acts like a browser phone. It can be connected directly to the SIP provider, if the provider allows direct connections from WebRTC applications, or it can be connected to the provider via Asterisk. You can install Asterisk on your VPS, alongside Nextcloud, then connect Asterisk to a SIP provider like Telnyx or Localphone, so that you can use a real phone number located in a country of your choice, acquired from the SIP provider, to make and receive phone calls to/from any phone number in the world. It’s known that VoIP phone calls are up to 70% cheaper than regular phone calls.

It comes with complete documentation on how to configure it, as well as on how to install Asterisk, which can be used to implement advanced PBX features, such as: voice menu, voicemail, queue management, music on hold, number blacklisting, call recording, audio conference calls, etc.

SIP Trip Phone is accompanied by two other apps in the same category: SMS Relentless, an app that allows sending and receiving SMS messages in Nextcloud, and Pax Fax, that you can use to send and receive faxes in Nextcloud.

If in addition to audio phone calls you need video calls, video conferences and text chat, you can use Roundpin , but this is a standalone application, independent from Nextcloud.

Feedback is welcome.