Nextcloud php does not seem to be setup properly message

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with php setup in Nextcloud. I’m using Nginx (before Apache2) because it uses less resources.
But i got an error message that says: php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv(“PATH”) only returns an empty response.
Please check the installation documentation :arrow_upper_right: for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

How do i fix this?
Sorry for my English it is not my native language.

thank you in advance.

Hi grouchysysadmin,

I also forgot to say that my server is a Raspberry Pi. The OS is Raspbian.
Thanks for your reply. I don’t know alot about php and i am stuck at this point in the manual:

Usually, you will find some or all of the environment variables already in the file, but commented out like this:

;env[HOSTNAME] = $HOSTNAME
;env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
;env[TMP] = /tmp
;env[TMPDIR] = /tmp
;env[TEMP] = /tmp

The manual says that i have to uncomment the variables. I looked on Google but it says to comment out you need to remove the // or /* infront of the code. Does this mean it is already commented out? If not how do i comment it out? Do i also need to change the ‘HOSTNAME’ ?
This is the www.conf file from my server:

; Pass environment variables like LD_LIBRARY_PATH. All $VARIABLEs are taken from
; the current environment.
; Default Value: clean env
;env[HOSTNAME] = $HOSTNAME
;env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
;env[TMP] = /tmp
;env[TMPDIR] = /tmp
;env[TEMP] = /tmp

What do i need to change in order to get rid of the message and errors in the logfiles like this:

Logfile error:

Error PHP Uncaught Error: Access to undeclared static property: OC\Files\Filesystem::$normalizedPathCache in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Filesystem.php:806 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(2018): OC\Files\Filesystem::normalizePath(’/Vincent/files/…’) #1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(1156): OC\Files\View->unlockFile(’/Sync/Moto x/Ca…’, 1) #2 [internal function]: OC\Files\View->OC\Files{closure}() #3 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/CallbackWrapper.php(109): call_user_func(Object(Closure)) #4 [internal function]: Icewind\Streams\CallbackWrapper->stream_close() #5 {main} thrown at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Filesystem.php#806

Thank you in advance.

Hi grouchysysadmin,

This solved my problem. Thank you very much for your help! And happy New Year.