MariaDB
PHP7
Synology DS214+ NAS (via CIFS)

https://www.c-rieger.de/

Viel Spaß damit, Carsten

4 Likes

Mein nextcloud-Blog

1 Like

@riegerCLOUD, any hope of an english translation ?
There are lots of technical info which do not need a translation, but I would like to be able to understand your commentaries :slight_smile:

(The link in the first post do not respond anymore)

hi, please be patient. i will provide english blogs the next days but will focus on nginx, php7, ssl, mariadb, redis, failban. i’ll keep you informed.

i dropped the first link with regards to

cheers, carsten

3 Likes

Geat news ! Thanks for your prompt answer :beers:

The first translation is in place
nextcloud on RaspPi3 with nginx, ssl, failban
The other blogs will follow step by step - please excuse my poor translation,

How is the streaming quality running all of this on the Pi 3 over the Internet? What are your Internet speeds when you run this?

hi stratacast, i am happy with the performance playing music over the @net.
i am just streaming music (mp3) over the internet, no videos.
for music i am using an upstream at round a bound 10 MBit.
videostreaming works fine at home (100MBit) but don’t expect too much :wink:

Hi

Your link above is broken. While I’m asking, have you tried nextcloud with RPi 2 ? Does it perform ok ?

Cheers,
RĂ©my

All my experiencies based on odroid c2 and PI3 only.
You can find the “full” nextcloud installation guide here
I removed the part with ampace and wrote it more generic with an example app (email)
But feel free to subtsitute email with ampache :wink: and run nextcloud and e.g. ampache in parallel.
cheers, carsten

Hi, might you want to share the Raspberry Pi 3 image file,
and a few word on what to change reconfigure for it to work?

Is what you are doing not just the same as “Nextcloud Box” with
WDLabs? http://www.cio.com/article/3120995/open-source-tools/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nextcloud-box.html

/Knud

Hi Knud, appologize, sharing my RPI-Image is currently not in scope. Too much privat data and customized scripts and tools are in place.
But you are absolutely right, this blog is very similar to the nextcloud box. But: it is more flexible and more generic than the precompiled box. You can apply all steps either to Raspberry PI 2 and 3 as well to , oDroid C2 etc.
Cheers, Carsten

vielen Dank fĂŒr deine Anleitung @riegerCLOUD gibt es die Anleitung noch auf Deutsch?
Du schriebst im Eingangspost, dass du mit Apache2 gearbeitet hast du als alternative nginx beschreibst, weshalb jetzt nur mehr mit nginx?

mfg Kota

nginx habe ich aufgrund der besseren Performance gewĂ€hlt. Und seitens der nextclouder wurde ich gebeten, alles auf englisch zu scheiben. Aber: es wird durch “einen Dritten” bereits an einer deutschen Version meines Guides gearbeitet.
servus, carsten

Vielen Dank, ich freu mich auf die Deutsche Anleitung und versuche einstweilen mein GlĂŒck im Englisch.

GrĂŒĂŸe Kota

Ready | Fertig

english (nextcloud installation guide (en) )
german (nextcloud installation guide (de) )

1 Like

Nur damit ich das richtig verstehe, als Basis OS wird nicht Raspian verwendet sondern Ubuntu?

Nehme an es handelt sich um Ubuntu Mate?

Kam wĂ€hrend des abarbeitens der Anleitung immer wieder auf Probleme mit “falschen” Paketen welche nicht fĂŒr den Pi waren.

edit: Wollt das ganze auf nem Pi 1 B+ betreiben

Ja, Ubuntu
Ich fĂŒge es dem Guide noch hinzu, sorry!

oDroid C2 - Ubuntu Images: download
Pi3 - Ubuntu Images download

Ich betreibe die nextcloud, roundcube und ampache derzeit “nur” auf einem C2, vorher aber erfolgreich auf einem PI3 mit Ubuntu.

Auf dem C2 habe ich Ubuntu_minimal installiert, das hat nur eine GrĂ¶ĂŸe von ca. 201MB und fĂŒhrt nur ein rudimentĂ€res Ubuntu mit sich. Wer nicht so Linux versiert ist, der kommt mit Mate sehr schnell und einfach sehr sehr weit!

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.