Nextcloud-Office auf shared server (all-inkl)

Hi all,

I have a nextcloud instance running on all-ink.com (shared server): Nextcloud Hub 7 (28.0.2)

→ Then I added Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server (23.5.705) - everything works still fine.
→ Next I added Nextcloud-office (8.3.1) → then my cloud is broken (endless loading) and I get continuously timeouts - some error message like this one in the log file:

“app”:“richdocuments”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/ocs/v2.php/apps/dashboard/api/v2/widget-items?widgets%5B%5D=activity”,“message”:"Failed to fetch the Collabora capabilities endpoint: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 45000 milliseconds

“app”:“richdocuments”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/ocs/v2.php/apps/notifications/api/v2/notifications”,“message”:"Failed to fetch the Collabora capabilities endpoint: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 45001 milliseconds

I can only fix it by disable the app via SSH CLI.

The first time I tried I still saw this screen below and could at least work with the cloud properly - after playing around with some settings it is now broken even if I completely uninstall and remove the tables from richdocuments in the database.

77c8945109c5c99d5245959f985aa7fbf688f913_2_690x310

Thanks for some hints how to solve this issue.

With Regards,
Pilrich

hi @pilrich welcome to the forum :handshake:

so far it looks NC can’t reach the URL for built-in CODE server… often in sharedhosting there are tight limits on resource consumption by every customer. people often report problems on shared hosting especially with office integration as it is more demanding then NC core.

Please review this article on drawbacks of shared hosting

Hi wwe, thanks a lot for the hint. Regarding resource consumption, that’s fine to check with them. What I am not clear about - how can it be that it behaves now differently (not loading at all) than the first time (showing the CODE server is not reachable).

Nevertheless I contacted all-inkl and they ask for what requirements are mentioned by nextcloud. Is this info somewhere available - what minimum resources / modules / php version / … are required to get Nextcloud-Office running?

Thanks a lot,
pilrich

see System requirements — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation for Nextcloud… I don’t have a reference handy but I think a system should have at least 4 cores and 4GB RAM for Office wit few users…

UPDATE: occasionally found the system requirements for collabora-built-in

• Linux x86-64 or ARM64 (aarch64) platform
  • 2 CPU cores
  • 1 GB RAM + 100 MB RAM / user
  • 100 kbit/s network bandwidth / user
  • 300 MB space on disk (800 MB in /tmp if not using FUSE)
  • Nextcloud 19 with the Nextcloud Office app 3.7.0 or higher
  • A glibc based distribution/container (AppImage does not support musl libc)
  • Fontconfig (libfontconfig.so.1 - required by Collabora_Online.AppImage)

source: GitHub - CollaboraOnline/richdocumentscode: Built-in CODE Server app

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I will forward this info to my provider.