Nextcloud not working after ugrade to Debian9 and php7.0

Hello,

I upgraded my server to debian 9, mariadb and php7.0, mainly because my laravel project requires it now. After switching the configuration of apache via ‘a2dismod php5’ and ‘a2enmod php7.0’, I only see a blank page. The console tells me that the server responds with 503. Sadly nothing shows up in the logs of apache or nextcloud itself (even with debug level 0). If I rename config.php and make it therefor inaccessible, the post-install screen shows up. My other pages and projects work just fine so the configuration “should” work for nextcloud. I have not changed any ownership or groups of my nextcloud folder.

Does anyone have an idea what else I could do?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure alle required modules are installed and enabled in their 7.0 versions?
I’ve had this very problem after upgrading, and checking for all required modules I found some missing. I stalling them got my NC back up running smoothly.
The required modules can be found here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html#prerequisites-for-manual-installation

All checked, installed and enabled.

The only thing which is outstanding (to me) is the conflict information (see below).

Considering dependency mpm_prefork for php7.0:
Considering conflict mpm_event for mpm_prefork:
Considering conflict mpm_worker for mpm_prefork:
Module mpm_prefork already enabled
Considering conflict php5 for php7.0:
Enabling module php7.0.

Maybe it would help to uninstall everything php5 related, but then I can’t go back to a working nextcloud anymore, if I can’t get it fixed.

Maybe have a look here? What does dpkg -l php* give you?

It should be safe to remove (not purge) all php5* packages, if you want to go back you can install it again. (Note though, that you will need an extra repository like this one because Debian 9 stretch only includes php7.)

Could you maybe post your Apache2 log file. Maybe there is some error that could shed some light on the issue.

I will try again tomorrow and let you know. I have a few ideas how to xcheck my installation.

Edit:
I removed all php5 files and tried to install ALL php7 files with apt-get install php7.0-*.

It turned out that php-apcu had conflicts and unmet depencies. I installed php-apcu and nextcloud started working again.

I must have missed that somehow when upgrading the system. Thanks for your help!