Nextcloud macOS client unable to connect to server; others work fine

I’m unable to connect to my nextcloud server with the current client (2.2.3.4). The current owncloud client (2.2.3.3601) has no problem, nor does any browser or the NextCloud iOS client.

I get to the initial screen, enter my server URL (https://cloud.koehn.com, feel free to test it yourself), and it won’t let me proceed because it says the SSL handshake failed. I can’t see the actual error, but possibilities include not having the LetsEncrypt certificate on the chain, or not being compatible with the TLS setup that I have running on my server:

SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
SSLHonorCipherOrder On
SSLCipherSuite ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256

I switched back to the OwnCloud client for the time being, but eventually I’m guessing the code will diverge, and I’d like the option of using the NextCloud client. Any suggestions?

You are using TLSv1.2 only. There is already a bug report for that:

Currently there is no problem using the ownCloud client until this has been resolved.

1 Like

After 10.12.4 update I have the issue. I am using owncloud client which works…

No one has this problem?!

I’m also seeing this on Nextcloud 12.0 with a MacOS client. Linux (Debian jessie and stretch) both work fine. I paused the sync last week and today I started it again and it’s showing this message. Nothing was changed on the server side. in the last week.

Same error for me. Running Nextcloud 12.0.2 and client version 2.3.2 on OS X 10.12.6 does not work.
Whereas owncloud client 2.3.3 works perfectly fine (and browser and Goodreader on iPhone).
Please fix this!!!

Apache config:
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3 -TLSv1.1
SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:!SSLv3:!kRSA
SSLProxyCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:!SSLv3:!kRSA

Confirming that this error occurs on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 as of Oct 5th.

Server v12.0.3
Client v2.3.2 (build 1)

Server SSL configuration verified using SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

Using latest client and nextcloud 13 this is no longer an issue.

Consider this issue resolved.