Nextcloud & ISPConfig

Hello,

i am trying to install a nextcloud with ispconfig.
Therefore i used the manuel for owncloud: http://cloudsurvivalguide.com/owncloud-ubuntu-ispconfig/
Can i use the same manuel, or do i have to change some settings?
I get problems with using the apache directives: includeSubDomains
Apache does not know the command: includeSubDomains
What do i have to do?

Thanks for help.
I also ask for help in ISPconig-Forum.

Tobias

Only the paths and the links should be changed as far as I can see. Though I haven’t read all of it.

Also the download links in part 2 should be changed, here you can find the links https://nextcloud.com/install/

Don’t you have SSH access to the server? You could run 1 script of the official VM that installs Nextcloud and sets everything up for you!

Edit: I see there is console access so you could use the vm installation and skip the use of ISPconfig. In order for the vm installation to work you would need to remove Apache2, MySQL etc, use a clean server installation.

1 Like

Hello,
thanks a lot.
Maybee i do not understand all of them.
I have an server and would like to install different nextcloud installations. 1 for me and otherones for my family.
Is there a posebility to virtualize nextcloud out of the box?
I installed a new ubuntu 16.4 64Bit an tried the usage of nextcloud_install_production.sh but i always get the message:

Checking server OS and version... Nextcloud repo OK Checking if it's a clean server... 'ubuntu-server' is not installed, this doesn't seem to be a server. Please install the server version of Ubuntu and restart the script
but i have installed: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
What i am doing worng?
Thanks a lot
Tobias

Like I said you need a clean Ubuntu server 16.04 without eg. Apache etc, nothing installed, just the OS. So I hope you don’t have anything important on the machine, if not you can reinstall the OS and run the script.

When the script is finished you can add multiple virtualhosts to host more then 1 Nextcloud.
Things you will need to do are:

• Create a database for each Nextcloud
  • Create a data directory for each Nextcloud
  • Add each Nextcloud to the secure permissions script
  • Setup an extra NIC for each Nextcloud (get some more ip addresses from your isp)
  • Setup SSL on each Nextcloud.

And… probably a lot more. PM me if you need help.

You could also buy another VPS (you will not need super expensive VPS’s to run Nextcloud) and keep the installations separated, which in my opinion is preferred.

Hi,
thanks a lot.
I installed a clean ubuntu 16.04 and executed the script "nextcloud_install_production.sh"
now i have webmin installed, but i do not know what i should do. I locked in into webmin, but i cant see anything with nextcloud. How do i manage nextcloud?
Thanks a lot.
Tobias

you should relogin after the script is finished, then a second script is run that finishes the installation. After that setup you can reach your machine via your IP (since is a VPS), It guides you through the setup and tells you where to reach your Nextcloud. Just log back in to the console.

Please let me know how it went.

hi,
i did relogin but nothing happends.
i also rebooted the system.
/var/scripts/ looks like:

root@nextcloud:/var/scripts# ls -lah insgesamt 12K drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4,0K Aug 16 16:21 . drwxr-xr-x 17 root root 4,0K Aug 16 16:29 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 983 Aug 16 16:21 setup_secure_permissions_nextcloud.sh

Look at your inbox, I could assist via teamviewer to see whats happening. Else please show the install log and or syslog.

1 Like

Hi,
i installed a new Ubuntu 16.04 and startet the Script.
I got this message:

[CODE]
Webmin install complete. You can now login to https://nextcloud:10000/
as root with your root password, or as any user who can use sudo
to run commands as root.
Trigger für systemd (229-4ubuntu7) werden verarbeitet …
Trigger für ureadahead (0.100.0-19) werden verarbeitet …
sudo: Hostname nextcloud kann nicht aufgelöst werden

[Exception]
App “Documents” cannot be installed because it is not compatible with this
version of Nextcloud.

app:enable [-g|–groups GROUPS] [–]

[/CODE]
After that i logged of an loggon again. Nothing happends

[CODE]
login as: nextcloud
nextcloud@192.168.3.28’s password:
Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64)

26 Software-Pakete können aktualisiert werden.
14 Aktualisierungen sind Sicherheitsaktualisierungen.

Last login: Wed Aug 17 13:44:59 2016 from 192.168.3.59
[sudo] Passwort für nextcloud:
nextcloud@nextcloud:~$ sudo -i
sudo: Hostname nextcloud kann nicht aufgelöst werden
[sudo] Passwort für nextcloud:
root@nextcloud:~#
[/CODE]
Does an install.log exist?

thanks a lot

Tobias

Install log, the console output is what i mean. Working on it now, will take a little while!