'Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 8.0.' error in NextCloud installed with SNAP

Hi,
Iā€™m using Nextcloud installed with SNAP. Everything was working fine. However, recently got the error message:
ā€œThis version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 8.0.
You are currently running 8.1.21.ā€

Iā€™m using version 27.0.1.2 and even updated today from beta channel to see if this solves the problem. However, it didnā€™t solve the problem.

SNAP bundles PHP with its installation, so, this problem shouldnā€™t have occurred. However, Iā€™ve no idea why Iā€™m getting this error.

Is there any way I can fix it? I donā€™t want to reinstall NextCloud and lose data anymore.

Hello,

By default, unless you have changed the data directory, your user data is located at following location,

/var/snap/nextcloud/common/nextcloud/data

You can manually backup that directory if all other means to restore failsā€¦

Nextcloud snap has itā€™s own backup mechanism. Refer here ā†’ How to backup your instance Ā· nextcloud-snap/nextcloud-snap Wiki Ā· GitHub

As far as I can see, the latest stable version on Snap channel is 26.0.3ā€¦ Anything above is beta / RC or even Alfa test buildsā€¦

Refer Here ā†’ GitHub - nextcloud-snap/nextcloud-snap: :cloud::package: Nextcloud packaged as a snap

Try to stay within release channel unless your deployment is for testing purpose only. I am using Snap Nextcloud as my production deployment and it is working just fine with the stable buildsā€¦ You are right, every dependencies are packed within the snap builds.

For feedback or question regarding beta channel builds, you should open up a post in Github to talk directly with snap dev team. That produces much quicker response

Thanks.

I will talk with the Snap dev team. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only way Iā€™m aware of that you could have ended up in that state and even be running NC27 in the Snap is if you were on the beta channel already.

In any case, a revert may be an option: