Nextcloud integration for file uploads within wordpress form or Rainloop

It would be kind if someone could give advice in advance so that I go in the right direction.

I’m a musician and want to set up a WordPress website for online mixing & mastering music.

So, I have to give my clients the possibility to upload their files (wav-files, etc.) within a form.

Maybe 200mb per file and limit to 5GB for the whole upload.

Is it possible to integrate nextcloud for this task in WP-Form or Rainloop?

And how exactly would this work?

same here. I also want to offer a free service on my website and give the visitors the ability to upload files on my WordPress site to Nextcloud.

This would be great to have.

I think there is no feature. But you can combine the app Forms with an upload share e.g. File Drop.

Text in the free form text field including markdown-html-link to the share:

Please fill out the formular. 
You can upload the files here:  [link to the upload share](https://cloud.server.tld/s/abcdefghijklmno)

screenshot example:

Since you probably can’t assign the files to a person, you might have to create a separate form and share for each person. But it is easy to copy forms. Or you have to ask your users to name the upload files correctly. Then maybe you can use a direct upload share in your Wordpress without forms.

1 Like

Since you are a musician it might be worth adding a dedicated tool, such as magic wormhole or syncthing. Issue I run into with the file upload is it has no conflict management or resume option for when things fail… you might miss the logic of the desktop client; you might miss the occasional file. Especially when someone is sending you lots of small files.

I find the file upload is great for “send me your photos at a party” but bad for “upload these critical work docs in the next 5 minutes”.

1 Like