Nextcloud instance suddenly unusable slow

Nextcloud version: 24.0.4
Operating system and version: Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Apache version: Apache/2.4.54 (Raspbian)
PHP version: PHP 7.4.30

I have a Nextcloud instance running on my Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB Ram) for several years know. Suddenly the web interface became extremely slow, so slow that the login screen takes about 10 minutes to load if it works at all.

Strangely, I don’t notice any heavy load on the server, nor do I find any suspicious logs on the server. Apache, MariaDB, everything works fine. I even checked the SD memory card running Raspberry Pi OS and the external HD used for the data directory.

If I set up a new instance it seems to work finde. But when I change the config to the actual data directory and the datbase it stops working.

So, I guess the problem must have it’s cause eighter in the data diretory or in the databse.

• I checked the datadirectory and even transfered it to an other drive just in case.
  • I checked the database with mariadb-check and there is no error.
  • I checked apache2 and mariadb for errors.

How to debug this?

Nextcloudlogs:

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'XYZ',
  'passwordsalt' => 'ABC',
  'secret' => 'XXX,
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'example.com',
    1 => '111.example.com'
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/owncloud/data_new',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '24.0.4.1',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_XYC',
  'dbpassword' => 'XYZ',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'installed' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 3,
  'updatechecker' => false,
  'maintenance' => true,
  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto',
  'updater.release.channel' => 'stable',
  'default_phone_region' => 'DE',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
);
1 Like

Did you install any app?
At my instance, if I try to install the NC Office CODE-Server and the Collabora App it takes very long to load the domain.
So therefore my guess.

Indeed, I tried to install the CODE-Server and the Collabora App. It didn’t work, so I removed it. Maybe something went wrong with deinstallation process.

But to rule this out, I set up a new instance…

Is there any plausible way that the code of CODE-Server and the Collabora App is still around although I completely reinstalled Nextcloud?