Nextcloud initial sync never finishes

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 13.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Ubuntu 16.04(server), Windows 7(Client)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.18 / nginx 1.10.0
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

The issue you are facing:

A few weeks ago I set up a fresh install of Nextcloud on a server and the client on my home computer. I have files on my home computer which I now want to upload / sync to the server, but the initial sync of my files still has not finished.

Admittedly there are a lot of files to sync (~200gb). When beginning the client estimated syncing would take 9 days, but it’s been two weeks and not even a quarter of the files have transferred.

It seems the client is constantly checking for changes without uploading. When I first started the sync some files were transferred, and then a few days ago a couple more were transferred. As of now nothing has been uploaded in 3 days

This is also not the first time I’ve attempted this. I tried a couple months back on a different nextcloud install to sync my files from a Mac laptop. I figured that because the laptop kept sleeping overnight it was interrupting nextcloud’s check for changes, so now I’ve retried on a windows desktop and made sure it has been kept on for weeks.

Seems crazy that it could take so long for something other cloud storages can do in a day or two. Guessing something must be wrong. I have external storage set up with S3 and encryption enabled. There are 3 repeating errors in nextcloud admin->logging (please forgive that I do not know what they could mean or whether they are relevant as I am a server noob).

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Fresh installs of nextcloud on server and client on home computer
  2. Attempt to upload folder on home computer to server with ~200gb of files

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Error	PHP	Invalid argument supplied for foreach() at /app/data/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Storage/AmazonS3.php#295

Error	lib	ResourceLocator can not find a web root (root: /app/data/apps/files_texteditor, file: index.php/css/files_texteditor/72329def-merged.css, webRoot: , throw: true)

Error	core	Error while running background job (Exception): LDAP Operations error

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' =>
  'secret' =>
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 =>
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/app/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' =>
  'dbtype' => 'pgsql',
  'version' => '13.0.1.1',