NextCloud images for VMware or VirtualBox

For the record those instructions are from 2015, and version 13 of the appliance. The appliance is now version 16, there are 2 hard drives that are part of the vm appliance.

. Both drives start out @ 40gb, i have extended the Hard Disk #2 to 150gb then followed the instructions to attempt to extend it however it failsā€¦ Are there newer instructions that apply to the new configuration? I like the appliance cause it does all the heavy lifting for meā€¦ Help!

These would be good updated instructions based on the new appliancesā€¦

damobeanrod ā€¢ a year ago

My Guide

Extend the second Virtual Disk to the desired size

Snapshot your VM prior this worked in my environment but has not been tested beyond that.

after this command, type ā€˜Fixā€™ at prompt to take advantage

of new space.

parted -l

remove the buffering partition

parted /dev/sbb rm 9

expand partition holding zpool

parted /dev/sbb resizepart 1 100%

Expand the zpool (and, by extension, the filesystem it contains).

zpool online -e ncdata /dev/sdb

Verify the FileSystem has expanded.

zpool list

I canā€™t speak for Univention as I never tried it, but the VM that I make is years of development. Iā€™d be surprised if you didnā€™t like it. :wink:

Hello @enoch85 ,

Is it possible to still get a custom sized VM fir virtual box?

Hi @Nav,

Sure, check this out:

Hello all! Iā€™m super excited to get started on my nextcloud project, but I have two quick questions. I will be running this on an old mac mini, and VMware fusion says it is for OSā€™s newer than mine, I have a version of virtualbox that does work, is there a reason it isnā€™t recommended?
Also, I was drawn to NextCloud because it was free and open source, but it looks like you have to pay? I went to github, but that seems to not be the VM file, but maybe the scripts that are inside it?
Thanks,
Jacob

I will be running this on an old mac mini

Short answer: Parallels works but runtime must be changed from Apple to Parallels (tested on mac mini 2012)

free and open source, but it looks like you have to pay

stock OVA
source

prebuilt custom VMs are optionally available, I assume as an alternative to donations, as a convenience