NextCloud hangs trying to load office files

NOTE: I had originally put this under “Support,” but considering it has to do with getting a fresh install of NextCloud up and running, I’m moving it to Installation as I think it’s a bit more appropriate of a subcategory.

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): Nextcloud Hub 6 (27.1.1)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu Server LTS 22.04.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): N/A
PHP version (eg, 7.4): N/A

The issue you are facing: I’ve just installed Ubuntu Server on an old laptop, and selected the option to include the Nextcloud snap during the install process. Connecting to it locally, everything works fine, except office files. None of them load! Anything ending in .odt, .ods, etc, just sits there on the loading screen until eventually just freezing completely. I tried installing the Community Server and Onlyoffice thing as shown here: https://nextcloud.com/blog/how-to-install-onlyoffice-in-nextcloud-hub-and-new-integration-feature/ but this didn’t do anything. Aside from that, I haven’t done anything with this new install.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): No; two weeks back, I had a fresh install, and the same thing was happening. For unrelated reasons I had to temporarily repurpose the laptop, but I was surprised to see the same issue persist across multiple installs.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install Ubuntu Server with Nextcloud snap enabled on a Lenovo Ideapad
  2. Connect locally
  3. Try to open an office file

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Initially, before installing the Community/OnlyOffice combo, there were a lot of warnings that looked like this:
Host 192.168.1.111 was not connected to because it violates local access rules

Now, it looks like there are far more logs, as shown here: NextCloud office bug logs - Pastebin.com. These are in order form oldest to newest.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!): I’m not sure how to find this, but I’ll include it once I can!

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____: I’m not sure how to find this, nor do I think I have it.

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary: Same as above.