Nextcloud GDPR client

Hi.

What will i take to make a GDPR complient client to nextcloud.

one that logs both writes, reads, deletes …everything and ships it to the server…when the client is online and when the client is offline, stores the log and ships it when the client comes online agian.

Maby also with the posibility to notify if the user checked out some data to the client for a period time logner then X.

This is logged on the server side already actually. It should be in the logs there.

one that logs both writes, reads, deletes

Do you mean file creation/change/deletion? That would be logged as soon as they are connected to the server again. I don’t know if it is possible to log if somebody opens a file on a client machine with a word processor or another application for example.

Maby also with the posibility to notify if the user checked out some data to the client for a period time logner then X.

Usually, the data stays on the client forever (if it isn’t deleted at least) except if the user unselects a folder for example (which would then be removed on the client).

Better logging for compliance reasons would be good a good feature, for now the only option I can see is to send the log file of the client to some log management system like Graylog or Splunk (which is quite complicated to set up with desktop clients and notebooks).

Sry for my bad english writing :).

i know the server logs my connections, I think you misunderstood my bad writing.
I actually just wanted a client that logs all my actions also reading (should be posible when looking at file atributes), kind of like audit all. even if i am offline, when i then get online agian. the clients should just relay all what i did when i was offline also :).

and it could also be nice to have a notification feature on the files you have checked out via the client…if they contain some confitential data…that you are only allowed to have on your desktop for a period of time.

Well, I think you should open a feature request in the Nextcloud client repository on Github:

and it could also be nice to have a notification feature on the files you have checked out via the client…if they contain some confitential data…that you are only allowed to have on your desktop for a period of time.

This would probably have to be done by extending the activities section and the retention app (which only works on the server side for now).

Thx i will have a look at it :slight_smile: