NextCloud fresh install extremely slow - solution found

Hi all,

I just completed a fresh install of NextCloud 20 in a HyperV VM with 2 cores and 4GB RAM on SSD. It was unbearably slow e.g. minute to load each page. After going through some forum posts on here I found the best solution was to disable apps one-by-one to find out if one of the apps has an issue. I found that the app “Collabora Online” was the cause and after disabling it the page loading speed was down to milliseconds.

I hope this helps somebody.

1 Like

So we’re you actually using Collabora when this happened? The built-in version or standalone?

1 Like

I experienced a very similar issue but after a successful update from NC19 to 20.

User interface became unusable, it took over 30sec before any page would load and disabling CollaboraOnline was an immediate remedy.

Running a code check on the reachdocuments app gives:
root@nextcloud:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php occ app:check-code richdocuments
Analysing /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocuments/appinfo/app.php
1 errors
line 51: OC_Helper - Static method of private class must not be called
Analysing /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocuments/lib/Controller/DocumentController.php
1 errors
line 565: OC_Helper - Static method of private class must not be called
Analysing /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocuments/lib/Controller/WopiController.php
1 errors
line 349: OC_User - Static method of private class must not be called
Analysing /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocuments/lib/Service/UserScopeService.php
2 errors
line 65: OC_Util - Static method of private class must not be called
line 66: OC_Util - Static method of private class must not be called
App is not compliant

and this is for the latest v3.7.10

1 Like

No, having Collabora enabled has a universal affect across my NextCloud instance. I was not using it at all so have disabled it.