Nextcloud Files and gocryptfs/cppcryptfs

Just asking because my current implementation looks cumbersome, so maybe there is a better way to implement this but letā€™s start from beginning.

So Iā€™m using nextcloud on a free tier provider offered from the nextcloud signup page, and my system is running win 10.

Iā€™ve set up the NextCloud Client and it works perfectly as intended, so I have the nextcloud folder Iā€™ve designated correctly mounted at:

C:\Users\<winUserName>\Nextcloud\<nextcloud user name>\<nextcloud provider>\<my mounted remote folder>\

I wanted to add an encryption layer using gocryptfs, actually cppcryptfs because thatā€™s what is only available on windows.

So I created a normal folder <crypted folder> under <my mounted remote folder> and there Iā€™ve created a cppcrypt volume using the cppcryptfs gui:

cppcryptfs_2019-09-04_11-19-17

This also worked nicely, I also later mounted the cppcryptfs folder as a localX:\<cppcryptfs drive> and this too works nicely. So no real issue here.

The cumbersomeā€¦ redundant part is that I now have mounted in my system both:

1. in clear<my mounted remote folder>, with its encrypted subfolder <crypted folder> storing the cppcryptfs volume
  2. the cppcrypt volume decrypted and mounted as independant drive X:\<cppcryptfs drive>

What I would like is to avoid mounting the clear folder (1.) and only mount the cppcryptfs drive, so Iā€™m wondering if anyone is aware if this is possible and if so then could he be also kind enough to explain me how :slight_smile:

The software used in the whole process are:

To give you some perspective it should be similar to using Cryptomator, alas Iā€™ve never used this yet, and Iā€™m using the encrypted folder to store credentials.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I think it was probably possible using DokanCloudFS, listed from Dokany web page and always on github, see viciousviper/DokanCloudFS (sorry not sure I can link, I might have reached the cap of links per post as 0 trust tier user)