Nextcloud does not redirect to dashboard after successful login

Iā€™ve setup nextcloud and everything works apart from logging in successfully.

When I log in with the wrong details, it tells me the combination is wrong, however when I log in with the correct details the button stays on ā€˜Logging inā€™. If Iā€™m in a browser I have to refresh the page for it to direct me to the dashboard/logged in screen.

I also have this problem on the app, however I cannot refresh the page on the app like the browser to direct me to the logged in screen so Iā€™m stuck on ā€˜Logging inā€™.

Whatā€™s the issue and whyā€™s it happening?

Iā€™m using docker compose, MariaDB and Apache2 web reverse proxy.

1 Like

Hi,

I had the same issue, but adding 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https', to the config.php, as described in this github issue, fixed it for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That also fixed it for me. Thanks!

1 Like

I have this same issue. after upgrading I cant login. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now there is no error message but we also cant login at all. there seems to be a issue with the redirect. not sure if its the info that displays at initial sign in or not. but i n[oc_bruteforce_attempts] database it tells me there were issues with login. I have tried to create a user from database as others say ā€œonly admin cant loginā€ but that didnā€™t work. Perhaps something in the Php settings? I am going to have to table this software until I can figure out. lost all of my data - am trying to reinstall with a backup now.

cant believe this was an issue over 1 year ago and nobody has found the fix

1 Like